FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

+T+

I have a bug to report.

When the banned roms were pulled from the FBA-XXX source by manto the loading text bug also seemed to go away since the 31/08 version.

The loading bug text for example in version 02/08 was:

Found D:\roms\kof98.zip okay

Found D:\roms\neogeo.zip okay

It should just be:

I just tried the 01/09 version with your IPS patch and this bug is back so my suspicion is that its related to the NeoGeo drivers because I did a clean install of your version and the text bug is still present.

Can you look into this?

BTW Sammaz, those V and M roms in your samsh5sp set are from samsho5 and that makes samsh5sp sound horrible...

Edited by Vegeta

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prican, I've had another crack at adding IQ_132's code. There were some duplicate lines last time. See if it works now:

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/FBA-XXX_09-01_newsets_FIX2.zip

As for matrimnd, does anyone have the v2d and v4d roms from the original dump?:

266-v2d 945F8831

266-v4d 393C9A62

If so perhaps substituting these for the newer ones in the driver might help the sound problem. I don't have them to hand ATM so I'd be grateful if someone could just put them in their matrimnd.zip and give it a try (just make sure CRC check is off).

+T+

I have a bug to report.

When the banned roms were pulled from the FBA-XXX source by manto the loading text bug also seemed to go away since the 31/08 version.

The loading bug text for example in version 02/08 was:

It should just be:

I just tried the 01/09 version with your IPS patch and this bug is back so my suspicion is that its related to the NeoGeo drivers because I did a clean install of your version and the text bug is still present.

Can you look into this?

I had to use several files from the 08-02 version to make this build work properly. So it's not surprising that some previously fixed bugs might return. If anyone can give me an idea of how I might go about addressing this then I'll happily take a look. But surely it's not that big a problem is it? :P

I had to use several files from the 08-02 version to make this build work properly. So it's not surprising that some previously fixed bugs might return. If anyone can give me an idea of how I might go about addressing this then I'll happily take a look. But surely it's not that big a problem is it?  :)

Its not a big problem that requires you to put it into top priority but maybe after fixing the more important matters you can look into it :P

samsh5nd should be working now since it's just the old s rom problem again (check the README for CRC). samsho is the encrypted romset and so doesn't use a seperate s rom. I've removed the extra code that was causing the encrypted set of mslug4 to be broken. Perhaps this was causing problems for samsho as well (?).

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/FBA-XXX_09-01_newsets_FIX3.zip

Edited by + T +

Well I've replaced the samsho5 driver with a more recent one in the hope that this might help (again I don't have the encrypted set myself). However this driver was written for a newer version of the romset and I've simply substituted the CRCs for the current FBA-XXX set so who knows.

Unfortunately I'm not a coder, so things like this are the best I can do when problems arise. If anyone with more knowledge can help out then I'd very much appreciate it. :P

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/FBA-XXX_09-01_newsets_FIX3a.zip

Edited by + T +