FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I meant to say, the new version thats out still gives you two choices of default.xbes, will it work on the default (old dumps).xbe? I'm about to find out... ;)

Nope didnt work and didnt think it would seein as I probably didnt IPS patch it write as the defualt.xbe was about 16MB when patched, that didnt seem right.. damm.

Edited by axledentaldj

well i tested the patch with the mame xbe and it works fine tho i noticed cthd2003 encrypted rom still has gfx probs and i would guess mslug4 encrypted would still have gfx probs too since manto never bother to fix it (i did in my last compile which shastaorange used for his disc).

trying another IPS patcher called: IPSWin 2.0, this time it was about 2,840KB default.xbs testing....worked only for the default (mame dumps).xbe, the old dump xbe hangs in the black screen, please, make one compatible for this old dump default.xbe. Thanks!

Edited by axledentaldj

Here's a 'fixed' patch. This update fixes the problem with Metal Slug 4 and 5 locking up during loading. It seems that for some reason my build of FBA-XXX is unable to generate s roms for these games. Since I know nothing about coding, the only solution I could come up with was to add s rom lines to the those drivers. So for the time being you'll need the following extra roms for these games to work (I've used the versions that I think most people will have):

mslug4nd.zip

------------

263-s1.bin 128k 62575f68

mslug5nd.zip

------------

268-s1.bin 128k 64952683

If anyone knows of a better solution to this problem or notices any more games that are affected then please let me know.

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/09-01_newsets_patch_FIX1.zip

I'll see what I can do about a patch for the 'old dumps' version although there really is no excuse for not updating your romsets. ;)

Yes there is an excuse, you know how crazy it was to keep up with all the changes that Gogo and Artic and manto did on the romsets, which ones they followed, so Manto decided to offer and old dump default.xbe and I'm happy with that. Most of the banned neogeo romsets won't see proper dats for a while.. I think..because they are banned.. Its just a pain in the butt.. But thanks! ;)

Or and FBAXXX decoding thingy for the mslug 4 & 5, s1 roms are better to have.. can't remember exactly what the problem was, but the way FBAXXX decodes the neogeo driver for s1, had alot of problems with the Metal Slug games wihtout s1 decodin.. and I think for garou.. so I prefer to have the s1 in the romset neogeo driver anyways...

Edited by axledentaldj

maybe someone can add samsho5sp.zip to the fbaxx builds...

*SNIP*

update and instructions...

run FBAxxx from 8-2-04 the last version that supported banned roms...

DO NOT use mame dump sets...just the regular old sets default.xbe

turn auto-universal bios OFF

rename all the samsho 5 special roms to the original samsho5.zip (replace them)

load game...plays 100% flawlessly...and in my first minutes of playing have to say its the COOOOLEST NEOGEO GAME EVER!!!!!

too bad its the last one.....

well im back to my baby ( http://www.pixagogo.com/4126245911 ) ,,,,to play some samsho v special!!!

thanx everyone!

i can only get it to work in AES mode...anyone got the arcade MVS style working...?

;)

You damn well know of the new rules, no rom links

Edited by Prican25

well i tested the patch with the mame xbe and it works fine tho i noticed cthd2003 encrypted rom still has gfx probs and i would guess mslug4 encrypted would still have gfx probs too since manto never bother to fix it (i did in my last compile which shastaorange used for his disc).

Maybe you could help out +T+ and let him know to to fix those drivers *hint* *hint* ;)