FBA-XXX compile help

+ T +

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it bigger then 300k? if it isn't then you can post it here :punk:

as for posting the source, well its not against the fba licence but i'm not sure if its ok to be posted here but i'll ask gamecop to make sure :lol:

Edited by Prican25

It's 844k zipped.

And I don't use newsgroups so I wouldn't know how to upload it there. So if anyone else wants to host it then just let me know.

ill host it m8, just send it to zero129@gmail.com , im not sure what the sites bandwith is, but it should atleast help until someone else with a better host comes along, plus the more mirrors the better, anyway i think my bandwith is 1gb per month

well if you want, email it to me and i'll post it on newsgroups

email is PRican1010@optonline.net

a lil update to those who wonder about posting the source, talked to gamecop and its ok to post the source since it doesn't break fba license and isn't illegal :punk:

i'll say it again, no xbe or link to xbes or else ---> :lol:

Edited by Prican25

Well here it is. :lol:

As I said, this first patch just adds the newer romsets from the last version that supported them and so the required roms are exactly the same as those from the 08-02 release. Just apply the patch to the MAME version of the 09-01 default.xbe with your favourite IPS patcher and enjoy. :P

http://www.thraxen.com/emu1/09-01_newsets_patch.zip

Thanks to Thraxen for hosting it.

EDIT: It seems there are a few problems with FBA generating s rom data with some sets. This is causing lock ups during loading. Adding an s rom line to the drivers seems to fix this so if people experiencing these problems could post the names of sets that are affected (apart from Metal Slug 4 and 5 which I'm already aware of) then I'll get a fixed patch done in the morning (it's late here :P ). Sorry 'bout that, I didn't have time for much testing.

Edited by + T +

...since it doesn't break fba license and isn't illegal :lol:

i'll say it again, no xbe or link to xbes or else ---> :P...

Prican, you made me :P tonight with the appropriate use of the smile icons...

-djohng