Can I swap discs in ePSXe?

I'm thinking about downloading Driver 2 to use in ePSXe but don't know if it's possible to switch to disc 2 when prompted.

If it is possible, can you tell me exactly how to do it?

Does it involve pressing ALT and TAB to go back to windows and then mount the 2nd disc in Daemon tools, and then going back to the game? ePSXe is very unstable when minimising from Full Screen mode and wondered if this is the only way or not.

So anyone who has played games like Final Fantasy with multiple discs on ePSXe, please help.

Thanks

The way I did it with Parasite Eve was. Save, close emu, mount CD2, restart the emu. It worked like that. Or you can use it's own image mounter thingy.

Which is much better imo for mulitiple CD games.

Actually, ePSXe has support for disc changing. When a game asks to insert a new disc just press escape, go to file>change disc and select the image there. That's it. Btw you don't have to use daemon tools, ePSXe can play cd images by itself.

Actually, ePSXe has support for disc changing. When a game asks to insert a new disc just press escape, go to file>change disc and select the image there. That's it.  Btw you don't have to use daemon tools, ePSXe can play cd images by itself.

Yeah you can play the disc thru ePSXe (I used to run WELeague that way), but when I tried to play Gradius Gaiden it wouldn't work. So I always mount games through Daemon tools and they work perfect everytime. Someone in this forum suggested the Daemon tools method.

Thanks for the help guys ;)

There doesn't seem to be a way to change discs without quitting though. If there was a game where you couldn't save just before the disc change, there would be no way to progress. (I wonder if any developers are that stupid though?)

Maybe a save state on the disc change screen, quit, mount CD2 and load state would work though.

anyway, Thanks. :lol:

Actually, ePSXe has support for disc changing. When a game asks to insert a new disc just press escape, go to file>change disc and select the image there. That's it.  Btw you don't have to use daemon tools, ePSXe can play cd images by itself.

Yeah you can play the disc thru ePSXe (I used to run WELeague that way), but when I tried to play Gradius Gaiden it wouldn't work. So I always mount games through Daemon tools and they work perfect everytime. Someone in this forum suggested the Daemon tools method.

Thanks for the help guys :D

There doesn't seem to be a way to change discs without quitting though. If there was a game where you couldn't save just before the disc change, there would be no way to progress. (I wonder if any developers are that stupid though?)

Maybe a save state on the disc change screen, quit, mount CD2 and load state would work though.

anyway, Thanks. :)

There doesn't seem to be a way to change discs without quitting though.

Maybe a save state on the disc change screen, quit, mount CD2 and load state would work though

Save state? Better don't use that method while the disc change screen appear. I'd tried with Tales of Eternia a.k.a Tales of Destiny 2 and it failed to continue the game after I swapped the disc and continue with the save state.

For me, I usually played on minimized screen as it is very convenient for me to read the walkthrough while playing. Furthermore you can change the disc directly without using the ALT-TAB method.

Finally, for swapping disc, I usually go for Daemon Tools. It worked splendidly. ePSXe could do also but found failure in result at times. :evil:

Savestate does not work because ePSXe considers the next disc a new game. But pretty much all multi-disc games have a save feature at the end of a disc.

Yeah it would be crazy not to have a save point right before the disc change. I was just wondering what to do if you couldnt save for one reason or another.

Thanks you two for telling me that save states don't work. :evil: