was the zip drive for dc ever released

They were shown at AM show 2000. They were going to mass them around the 1Q of 2001. Then, the dreamcast fell from the grace of the people.

how ironic they said dreamcast was a console that could evolve yet it never had the chance to grow.

no kidden I still play my DC.

As a matter of fact I play it more than the GC, Xbox, and PS2. There's just so many things you can do with a DC that keeps me interested about it. Heck, Ive owned mine since the first day it was released and im surprised the drive hasn't crapped out on me! :naughty:

no kidden I still play my DC. 

As a matter of fact I play it more than the GC, Xbox, and PS2.  There's just so many things you can do with a DC that keeps me interested about it.  Heck, Ive owned mine since the first day it was released and im surprised the drive hasn't crapped out on me! :punk:

agreed.

nah actually more should be coming out, not very fast though, that was the last first party game.

and as for the homebrew community, well, those will never end :P

DC just rules so hard, and they are still selling like crazy beleive it or not, Rock on DC :P:lol: (yay i finally got to use those)

And BTW there have been lots of rumours and stuff about sega having this secret plan with all their game devving for other consoles, and not next round, but the round of consoles after that, they are supposedly going to have enough money to re-open their hardware department and make another console.

w00t i say, w00t.

if what u say is true,yay.i love sega,i hope they would call it the dreamcast mark 2(probably mark another failure with that name) or something,what would be a good name for a brand new sega console.and of coarse homebrew will never finish and with sega not making any dreamcast game third party companies dont matter :lol:

I was just scanning over some of my old Official Dreamcast mags and I found some info about the zip drive and DVD player,

The Zip drive was able to work mainly as just save game storage but with the possabilaty of future games using it for other reasons and would slot under the dreamcast.

The DVD was just a stand alone DVD player with the Dreamcast logo mounted on front, here is a pic:

post-15-1094757758.jpg