Fight Club game

Shibathedog

I dont know how many of you know, but they are making a Fight Club game, based on the movie, took damn well long enough, maybe it will be good because it wasnt rushed for the movie release or anything. I like the movie, so i guess im excited about it even though there isnt really any info on it.

I saw it at E3. The graphics were decent, and it looked really heavy on counters. Like, really, ridiculously heavy... Unless the guys I saw playing were actually from the company or something, I'm thinking there may actually be a "counter" button a la Bushido Blade or similar. The fight looked pretty organic, even the counters looked like they were varied for the particular punch of kick coming in. And when the round was over, the finishing blow did some kind of crazy x-ray thing. I think it was similar to the doctor's attacks from Tenchu 3, but it's been a while and I only saw it once, so I dunno.

The film might be good, but everyone knows the game will completely suck. What are the chances that Vivendi Universal will release a game capable of competing with Virtua Fighter, Tekken or Dead or Alive? None.

I know some of you will want to play it for the novelty (because you liked the film), but I wouldn't even play a game based on my favourite movie (Falling Down) if it was developed by such 3rd rate losers.

Don't reply saying "How do you know until you've played it?"

Because I have judged millions of games before they were released and my opinion of them stays the same even after I have played the games.