I'd like to make a contribution

Salem

So many invites, so few people. :(

I'll take one, I've been wanting to check Gmail out for awhile now.

How can giving away all these free invites be good for Google? When the time rolls around for them to start charging for the service, alot of people will already have accounts they got for free. It's never a good idea to ask someone already using your service, to suddenly start paying. (The proof is in the puddin', lots of services have failed going this route, and handing out too many freebies)

It's not a pay service...it will be free. Anyway, PM me your email address so I can send you an invite.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a pay service...it will be free. Anyway, PM me your email address so I can send you an invite.

I know it's not now, but nothing that starts out free from a major player on the internet, stays free. Eventually it will be a pay service.

j00 need my email address to give me an invite? :(

Ok......but please don't hurt it. :lol:

Well if they make it a pay service it will be like Yahoo! where the basic account is free but you can pay for upgrades. They might make POP3 access a pay service.

As long as it was cheap for POP/SMTP access, I'd probably pay for it. Still 1GB of space, with standard access (POP/SMTP) for say, $12.95 a year at MOST.

If you want a free 1gb email address with POP/SMTP you can get a Spymac address. I never use it anymore but I had it set up through Mozilla Thunderbird. It was pretty cool.

Tis not free now. It's $18.99 a year, but offers 3GB of space with a 20MB file attachment limit. Not too shabby, but I'll never utilize 1GB.......let alone 3.