Getting CD Image to Run on Chankast

I recently got a Guilty Gear X CD image from a friend of mine. It was a cdi file. So I mounted it in my Virtual Drive, and set the drive for Chankast so it will read the virtual drive, and told it to read GD-ROM. I get the message to set the date, so I just accept. Then it appears again. I accept again. Then it goes to the default Dreamcast menu... Okay... I selete play, the screen darkens, and then it goes tells me to set the date again, and it keeps going on like that in a circle.

My question is if this may be a problem with the cdi file, or something else? This is my first time trying otu Chankast, so I really don't know anything about it.

Thanks.

Edited by Dooz

I've had problems with Chankast reading mounted.CDI images. I burn the image with Alcohol 120% so I have a hard copy of the game and then create a.CCD image using Alcohol 120% and I load that into Daemon Tools. For me Chankast reads all the.CCD images I've tried.

If that's the case, then I'm guessing it's the cdi image itself that I'm having a problem with. I have no idea if it's a selfboot or not. If it isn't, would I need to get a boot-disc or somehting?

Also, in the compatibility list, it says that it should start up.

If that's the case, then I'm guessing it's the cdi image itself that I'm having a problem with. I have no idea if it's a selfboot or not. If it isn't, would I need to get a boot-disc or somehting?

Also, in the compatibility list, it says that it should start up.

It's been confirmed that most bootdiscs (a good example would be Utopia) do not work with Chankast.

I believe there are tools that can make a game self-boot. I don't remember the names of them or where I read about them but I remember seeing them once a while ago.