[8/31/04] Metal Gear Solid 2

Halo is still the most overrated game. Ever.

Halo's the 2nd most over-rated. Generic garbage. I like your style though, didn't think anybody else hated that game either.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can think of games that were executed alot more poorly than mgs2 - games that came out at around the same time too (off the top of my head: james bond: nightfire, for instance, sucked balls). For mgs2, the controls were intuitive, the graphics were really nice, the gameplay was engaging for the brief-ish time it takes to finish it...I really can't see what you were complaining about.

MGS2 is still on my 'Most impressive games on the Ps2 to date' list. Whether it be because of the gameplay, story graphics or some other aspect. I've never regretted buying that game.

I can think of games that were executed alot more poorly than mgs2 - games that came out at around the same time too (off the top of my head: james bond: nightfire, for instance, sucked balls). For mgs2, the controls were intuitive, the graphics were really nice, the gameplay was engaging for the brief-ish time it takes to finish it...I really can't see what you were complaining about.

Of course there were worse games around at that time - Worthless pieces of excrement that don't even deserve a second glance let alone a mention. This isn't about comparing MGS to bad games in general, it's about it being a well made, hyped game by a good company and falling well, WELL, below the mark.

that's the point.. just because YOU can't see what I'm complaining about doesn't mean it isn't true....even the gaming press are only slightly more challenging in their analysis than the general public.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku