BAED3 Mameox questions.

HavocImpaler

but I have some doubt questions:

Games such, Mortal Kombat, Strider 2, Blood Roar, Street Fighter 2 EX...

they are all ok but It´s running very slow, I don´t understand why.

So can someone please, tell me why this crap´s happening with such games?

There something to do to put them to run in normal speed?

Thanx!

the answer is easy, its the xbox that causes it.

games like mk2-umk3, nbajam and wwf wrestlemania use dcs sound processor which mame team lets the cpu make the proper sound and its because of this that the games mentioned take a hit on the xbox due to its slow cpu.

as for the 3d arcade games, mame isn't optimized for 3d games as of yet so they play poorly until they fix that but again, the xbox can't play those well due to specs.

now theres some hope those of you wanting to play mk2-umk3 at a better rate; older mame ox's (71b or mamex) have used a dcs hack which allowed games that had dcs play at a better rate. mame team has since removed the hack to let the cpu make up the proper sound. another option if you wanna keep the new mame ox is if you turn off the sound options the mk games play perfectly but no sound.

When going through the MAME set looking for games to remove, I used my judgement on the slow ones. Some were so incredibly slow that I took them out. Others that were slow, but sort of playable, I left it.

And I'm sure there are a few that are very slow, but were left in by accident/oversight.

• 10 months later...