fbaxxx new build with banned support

sammaz

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the new fbaxxx doesnt support the drivers for newer games so no amount of changing your roms will help this time around

well the new fbaxxx doesnt support the drivers for newer games so no amount of changing your roms will help this time around

i won't be touching this emulator as of now due to the events in the x-s thread a while back.

i don't want to do anything to cause a problem especially now since the forum has changed its ways and i don't want lantus or the fba team to stop their great work on future fba/fba-x projects.

sorry guys but thats the way its gonna be but you never know as lantus quotes in x-s "Any monkey can add drivers in the source" :thumbsup:

wow, i really didnt see that one coming, Prican your skills shall be missed

Honestly, this thread shouldn't have been created. With that whole mess on the X-S forums it probably would have been better to ask PRican via a PM. Some of those license Nazis do read this forum from time to time and I'm sure PRican doesn't want any heat coming down on him like it did Gogo.

Edited by Thraxen

Well, the old versions of FBAXXX are out there, so its been done. yeah, maybe this thread could be locked, but someone will always ask anywayz. Maybe a Sticky? Like, don't ask, the good times of the ye old FBAXXX days are over.. eh..like I say....it wasn't all legal to do the XBOX modchip in the first place...so.....ya know..

Since the authors have stated on the FBA-XXX forum that this will be the last release until a new PC version comes out, it really wouldn't cause that much trouble to have one last 'complete' version.

Perhaps someone who compiles their own version will release it anonymously for old times sake ;). Or even just a patch for the xbe which technically wouldn't violate the license (TMaul just said on X-S that the devs just don't want ppl distributing their own binaries). Or perhaps someone who knows their stuff could add the drivers to the sourcecode then make that available with a nice tutorial on how to compile it with the XDK.

C'mon, don't let this forum turn into X-S Jr. There must be some of the 'can-do spirit' left around here. :lol:

Edited by + T +

Is this "MESS" a whole new mess? or are you all talkin when gogo first came out with his fbaxxx?

Did you miss the big debate over at X-S a few weekls ago? Lantus discovered that FBAXXX had the ini flag to enable the "banned" games and called Gogo out on the forums about it and notifed the FBA developers. Then I made a comment to him about the 3-year rule and a big debate broke out. In the end Gogo gave into the pressure and decided to remove the drivers.

Perhaps someone who compiles their own version will release it anonymously for old times sake. Or even just a patch for the xbe which technically wouldn't violate the license (TMaul just said on X-S that the devs just don't want ppl distributing their own binaries). Or perhaps someone who knows their stuff could add the drivers to the sourcecode then make that available with a nice tutorial on how to compile it with the XDK.

There are several member here capable of doing so, I just hope someone will. Despite Lantus' claim that "any monkey" can add drivers, that's simply not true. I'm a microbiologist for crying out loud, I don't know a damn thing about adding drivers or compiling software... just like Lantus' wouldn't know a damn thing about running the machines or tests at my place of business.

But if someone would write a nice tutorial then some of the rest of us may be able to figure it out. But Ireally like your idea for a patch. Couldn't someone just make an IPS patch using LunarIPS and release that? Like you said, that seems to be perfectly legal under then license. All someone would have to do is compile their own verion with the drivers added and then take the original xbe and their new xbe and use LunarIPS to make an IPS file by comparing the two. That part seems simple enough.

Anyway, if someone does compile their own then I think it should be distributed via personal messages. I hate the idea of becoming X-S jr. too, but I also don't think we should risk bringing unwanted trouble to whoever does make a new version or Emu1.

Edited by Thraxen