help on ps2

LiNk

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey uhh, im getting one of those GeForce6800 Ultras soon, ya think i could emu something with that? or is it just software issues (im way behind on next gen emulation because i just getthe games for pretty much nothing at work hehe)

You can emu pretty much anything at full speed with that (provided that you've got the MHz and RAM too)... except next-gen systems.

The only exception to this is one GC emulator and Bust-A-Move 3000.

hey uhh, im getting one of those GeForce6800 Ultras soon, ya think i could emu something with that? or is it just software issues (im way behind on next gen emulation because i just getthe games for pretty much nothing at work hehe)

for MAME you will need a 4ghz cpu to run all ZN games, Killer Instinct, MK and later games at a decent speed since mame using software rendering

(stupid question)y cant u run next gen console emulators at a decent speed on pc,imagine the next next gen consoles ;)

I've probably said this about one millkion times, but here goes again:

To emulate a system at full speed, your computer has to have a clockspeed that's at least 10-15 times faster that the clockspeed of the emulated system. This is not always accurate though, and sometimes emulation requires even more speed than that.

• 1 year later...

OK so i have the pscx2...configured, i have a bios, have all the plugins i need...so i download god of war *****

make an ISO from the file, mount it and try to run it with the emulator...It starts doing something, but everytime i receive a messege that it ancountered a problem and needs to close (you know the error messege windows displays)....can someone PLEASE tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Mod's Edit: Do no post links to ISOs.

Many games do not work with PCSX2, and even if they did, they would run approx. 5-15fps depending on your system. I wouldn't call that playable. Besides, I've heard no info that God of War works in PCSX2 to begin with.

Regarding the error, there's not much you can do, as part of the program executed an illegal operation.

One would probably need a 7Ghz computer with the latest 512MB dual core graphics card, to get a steady 60/60 framerate, and still that's just a guestimate.

Ah, ok. If the site said it's playable, then it is. However, something makes the emulator close with an error, so no, you can't play it. What plugins were you using and what processor do you have? (and how fast?)