King of Fighters NeoWave

Nevermind: K' posted while I was typing this.. :lol:

I must have missed the train here.  It doesn't look like there's going to be a whole lot of new content to enjoy, but I haven't read anything that makes it sound any worse than any of the older KOFs, which I still enjoy a great deal.  It's a shame that they didn't make a stonger first attempt on the new hardware, but it's probably more of a tech-demo for them. 

What did I miss that makes everyone, or at least K', so hard on this game?

When the news was coming around the beta. Their was tons of high hopes for this game. But as time moved one, we saw the changes we were speculating become slimmer and slimmer.

First reason.

1) It's new Hardware.

Why exactly would make it have PS2~ish sprite quality. Seriously, The PS2 version of 2k2 looks better then this,

2) They actually put time anf effort into this.

Into something that is a total joke. Capcom could do better then this.

3) System

The gameplay is simply just crap. I mean slower then 2k2? Come on. Removing MaxMode 2 is possibly the stupidest thing ever. Replacing it with Heat Mode, Max Mode and Just Defend? Useless. This could be SNK's poor attemp at trying SFZ3's 3 modes.

Theirs more thigns I can go on about, but you pretty much understand why I have nothing but utter hate of this game.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did a better job with Maximum Impact on fairly old hardware then this.

umm.. wasn't maximum impact on the same hardware as kof neowave?.

No, it's on a PS2..

Into something that is a total joke. Capcom could do better then this.

I kinda like all the KOF releases so far...it would be a pity if this is to be the first one to dissapoint me :shootem:. I wonder if the flowing combo system is still entact - atleast