A virus???????????'

alexis

Since i downloaded my pc enginne files some weird tings are happening to my pc, the forst one is that a programs requires information about login.oscar.aol.com. Appart from this strange file associations appear after using emus besides the before mentioned info when using magic engine i also got now corrupt file when extracting the pc engine rar files i never got to extract all files correctly not even in rar before i had some problem extracting the 7z file, which is the result of extracting the rar file. 7z is another zip file. Can someone help me?

im no pc whizzkid alexis[god knows im not]

if i were you i would consider the stuff you are downloadeing, also i would scan all my machine with a virus scanner like nortan anti virus,

may be do an add ware check[checks for spy ware in the pc]

and maybe a nice disk defragment and a litle bit of scandisk.

or maybe you have to many programmes for downlodeing different files conflictions can mount up really fast.

but like i say im no pc whizz and cinder is probablie your man for your question.

hey alexis! where did you get the 7z files from? did you get them from playagain.net? id like to know cause i got mine from there plus many of the other systems that they have in the goodrom section. i havent used them yet so i dont think i can help you with your problem, but if its a virus, im definately going to consider just deleting the files i got from there.

I have heard that 7z does automatically change all your zip/rar etc files to be used with it. It may have also messed around with extensions. That is why I hesitant about installing it.

The login AOL crap sounds suspiciously like a virus though. Does your computer ever try to connect to any site or program on it's own?

login.oscar.aol.com is the server that AIM connects to lol

Some feature in XP (I believe it may be in Win ME too) will sometimes show you "Blah blah is trying to connect to this...." if you don't have an active connection to the internet.

It's just AIM trying to connect to the oscar server.

Oh, and I'd like to slap people compressing things with 7zip. That program sucks, and why use anything outside of the big three? (Winrar, Winzip, Winace), just causes hassle for others.