Big Ass Emu Disc 3 - Arcade - Released

ShastaOrange

funkyfella

Because I'm not need each day download, I will download 25GB maybe only in two mounths...maybe in future I will change to unlimited. I'm noob in usenet, previosly only used eMule and Bittorent, currently this services is too slow for me, because I have limited upload speed, only 128Kbit/s and I can't fill all uplink only with P2P services.

I'm read today Wofl's Tutorial - http://www.alt-bin.com/ng.txt , its VERY helpfull and very easy readable :))) :o

Edited by RMV

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ffynnon, if you're looking for a chip for your box, the best deal you'll find is an Aladdin Advance, which you can get as cheap as $10 (check robotpig.com - they ship 'em to you straight from Asia, cheap as they get).  Depending on your Xbox version, these are either very slightly more difficult to install than the more expensive solderable chips, or just as easy.

Thanks for saving me the trouble of all that research! I appreciate it! =)

ShastaO,

Quick Question:

I got a friend who can't get BAED3-B to work. He says it hangs on the "X" logon on his system. He says BAED-A, MAME works fine, but FBA-xxx doesn't. I told him rip-apart the.ISO, and try patching default.xbe from debug to retail, then repack the ISO but it still didn't work.

Your ideas are welcome, as I'm at a loss. It works perfectly on mine, but I dumped both discs to my HD.

BAED1 was also great!!. Can't wait for a repost of BAED2.

Thx!!!

ejx982

xbe doesn't need to be patched as its a release xbe and not debug. if it was debug you would see a annoying fps counter in the corner that you can't swicth off.

i suggest doing the following:

make sure your bios is up to date; i recomend using x2 4983

make sure the clock in ms dash settings is set correctly

Prican25,

I appreciate the speedy reply. We'll try out the Date/Time. Unfortunatly he's using a Xecutor 1 Modchip, which is not flashable. I've already suggested to him to remove it, and do a TSOP Flash with a newer BIOS. I had him rip apart the ISO and upload the xbe with a few roms to his HD to see if that works & it did.

So it should be taken care off, one way or antoher.

Thanks,

ejx982

P.S. I use usenetserver.com as my news of choice, and my retention is HUGE. Back when everyone was requesting reposts of BAED3, I still had access to them from Thursday till yesterday. Eitherway, I'm always on the look out for something new. WHat do you use Prican25 as your newsservice?

Edited by ejx982

Eitherway, I'm always on the look out for something new.  WHat do you use Prican25 as your newsservice?

Maybe someone with the ability to start polls should start one regarding which news servers people use. I'm very interested too. I use easynews and the retention is great as well. $10(US) for 10 gigs. You can earn more too.

As far as retention goes, I don't think it gets much better than Giganews.  On the Xbox group right now, there are 5.5 million headers, dating back to July 13!

For comparison, easynews has 19 days worth of xbox retention right now. That would be about August 14th. Quite the difference!

AstraWeb has 1.3 million headers and 14 day retention. Normal people not needed more :) I'm very happy with astra, 10$ for 25GB without using limit, I can download 25gigs in 3mounths for examle, or 10$ for Unnlimited (600Kbit/s) or 15$ Unlimited without speed limit.