Big Ass Emu Disc 3 - Arcade - Released

ShastaOrange

well with newsgroups depending on the retention rate can last long and its for everyone to grab.

torrents need ppl to seed inorder to even get what you want and most ppl seed untill they get what they want and then quit which is a problem for others that want it.

guys/gals, please don't post links to torrent sites as most torrent sites like suprnova have warez and posting a link to it is agaist the rules.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on seeding the other BAED discs on suprnova?  Is there a reason why you like newsgroups over bittorrent?  It just seems like bittorrent would be a better distrubution method since more people have access to it, you don't have to deal with reposts of missing segments, and you don't have to pay for access like you do for most NNTP servers.  I love your first disc and am dying to get a hold of the next 3!!!

What PRican said.

Also, most news servers are FAST. Now I've had some fast BT transfers, but nothing compared to the speed I get from my news server, all day, every day. Also, I only have to upload it once, and tons of people can download it.

BAED1 with 10% PAR2s took me about 30 hours to upload to Usenet. When I seeded it on BT (without PAR2s, of course), it took a full week of constant uploading before anyone else had the file complete to seed - and that's with two Internet connections seeding on my end!

However, due to popular demand, I will seed the other discs. They should seed a tiny bit faster since the max upstream on one of my connections has increased by 50%.

I'll probably do Disc 3 first, since most people would rather play arcade games on their big TV than Gameboy games made for a tiny screen. I should be seeding pretty soon. I'll post here when I do, and I'll put the torrent on a couple of the most popular sites so anyone should be able to find it.

Yeah, there will be one. I'm just not sure what I'm going to put on it yet. The new Surreal v2 (N64 emu) still isn't out, so that will have to wait. Other than that, most of the stuff that's emulatable for Xbox, but still hasn't been on a BAED, is old home computer stuff - Commodore and stuff like that.

For consoles, there's also SegaCD and Turbografx 16 CD/TurboDuo/TheOther50NamesForThatConsole. Of course, the games for those run on the big side, so I don't know if there'd even be a point to putting out a disc like that if it would only have 20 games on it. I did play some of those games on the Xbox, though, and they run great, so maybe a disc of the most popular games for those systems would be cool.

What would you guys like to see in BAED4? I'm open to suggestions.

What PRican said.

Also, most news servers are FAST.  Now I've had some fast BT transfers, but nothing compared to the speed I get from my news server, all day, every day.  Also, I only have to upload it once, and tons of people can download it.

BAED1 with 10% PAR2s took me about 30 hours to upload to Usenet.  When I seeded it on BT (without PAR2s, of course), it took a full week of constant uploading before anyone else had the file complete to seed - and that's with two Internet connections seeding on my end!

However, due to popular demand, I will seed the other discs.  They should seed a tiny bit faster since the max upstream on one of my connections has increased by 50%. 

I'll probably do Disc 3 first, since most people would rather play arcade games on their big TV than Gameboy games made for a tiny screen.  I should be seeding pretty soon.  I'll post here when I do, and I'll put the torrent on a couple of the most popular sites so anyone should be able to find it.

Thanks for the explanation. And thank you so much for seeding them!!!! (when you do). When I'm finished downloading, I'll be sure to let them continue to seed for at least a week.

skinlayers

Is there a way to save the settings in FBA-XXX? I don't like having to keep changing my button config for my X-Arcade everytime I load BAED 3B.

Can it save into E:\UDATA\ or can I reburn the compilation with some kind of fba-xxx.ini with my prefered settings or something?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

ShastaOrange,

ITs been about two months so I thought I might bug you again. I have a number of people locally who want this disc. None of them want to deal with Usenet to get it. Plus, considering the age of the posting, its going to be hard to find all the parts at this point. I would be more than willing to host it on Suprnova for you. I could give several other people copies for them to seed. Your original seed of BAED1 on there is still up!. If there is any way I can get a copy from you or anyone else who has it, I'm sure I can get several people who I know who want it to chip in $$ for shipping of the discs.

Thanks,

skinlayers

skinlayers@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait. I do like the idea of others seeding the discs, since S***N*va is getting a little too high-profile for my tastes. But also I don't believe in making any money from BAED (or even the appearance of doing so), so I will pay all shipping & media charges in exchange for your promise to share it. Check your email for more info, skinlayers.

I don't believe in making any money from BAED (or even the appearance of doing so), so I will pay all shipping & media charges in exchange for your promise to share it.

i'm glad you are willing to send the disc to him shastaorange but just to let ppl know this forum will not support the sell of warez or any money to getting warez so plz next time use pm to ask the person doing that, thx