ARRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!

Diso

Just when I least suspect it:

The 2 computers i was using crashed!

this computer crashed as i was talking to someone and download was at 90%

The other computer i was using DIED WHEN I FINISHED MY ESSAY!! AND NOW THE ESSAY IS GONE! ARGH DUMB XP

:)

ive never had a single problem with xp. :evil: never a crash, never a freeze, never an error prompt, nothing. that baby runs as smooth as the day i installed it. ive also installed ALOT of things, mostly pc games, but apps too, and have still had no problems. now, my other computer is a different story. it runs windows me. it is constantly f-ing up. it has got to be the worst os ever! :evil: as soon as i upgrade it, im going to install xp on that one too, possably also a dual install of windows 98 for the older games and apps that arent compatable with xp.

as for your problem, two computers crashing at the same time, is definately an unfortunate coinsidece to say the least. you might want to look at the conditions inwhich you keep them. what mean is, is it humid or warm? do you perform mantainence on them yourself? if so, do you take the proper precautions, like wearing a grounding wrist band so to keep your pc free of static electricity? there are many things which could of been wrong, but i agree that it is probably a hardware issue, and not the fault of xp.

I have a habit of pressing crtl S every 10 minutes whenever I use my computer for work. I got so anal about it when I lost 3 hours work because I got disconnected from the internet and Windows decided to crash because of it :evil:

Moral of this story: Always backup & never wear a toaster on your head in the bathtub.

Computers are perfect.

Humans are not.

Blame the user or the builder.

XP is flawless.

Uptime: 7 days 9 hours 34 minutes

I'll reboot on Friday I think.

Very true but I must say that windows ME, and 95 are peaces of CRAP regardless if your good or not in my opinion, now that I got XP PRO :evil:, everything is going good other then the fact that it seems someone is trying to brake into my pc again. though that thats a whole different other story for other times.

I HATE XP AND I HATE BILLY THE KID, I HAVE HAD MANY PROBS, FOR EXAMPLE XP WOULD REBOOT WITHOUT ANY REASON IF I DON´T HAVE MY LATEST DIRVERS FOR MY GFX CRAD AND MY SOUND CARD, AMONH THEM, NOT TO MENTION ALL THE DECISIONS THAT THE OS MAKES WITHOUT EVEN CONSULTING ME OR THE FACT THAT MANY THINGS ADDED TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER IN FACT MAKE MY LIFE HARDER :evil:

I H A T E XP too, I cant run on it most of the games.

the only game i have, that ive tried, that i cant run on xp is star wars - episode 1 racer. :evil: too bad cause it just happens to be one of my favorites. but other than that, all my old pc games run on xp pretty well. but that is why i want to maybe do a dual install of win98 on my pc, so i can play that game and maybe some others that dont run on xp that i havent checked yet. :evil:

i is also considering a dual boot option when i get my whopping 80gb hard drive this weekend, maybe just use 98 for games only who knows.

getting blade runner as well £7.49.p

about 2 P&P

very happy.