seafood question..kinda

lacien

ok..my gf is going nuts trying to find out what shellfish it is that looks like a censor..and i have no idea. anyone here know? she knows what it is in malay, but not english. any help would be appreciated cause she's not gonna quit asking till she finds out :lol:

Oh, I see. Well I didn't know there was a specific kind of shellfish that resembled a woman's privates. I thought they just did in general as a joke.

Oh GOD! I've Seen These This Several Times But Can't Remember The Name Of It. ARHH! I'll Get Back To Ya.

P.S. THis Is So A Waste Of Post

Well a nickname for censor is "bearded clam."

ROFL That's really good. I definitely need to remember that. Anyway..i'm thinking it's mussels..but I'm still looking.

New-England Bearded Clam Chowder? The red or the white?

Edited by Agozer

Agozer, that was funny, but probably the foulest thing I've heard all week. Let's not try to top it. :lol:

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but definately related and curious either way:

After reading this post in my morning programming class (they're SLOW) and thinking "how absolutely random," my afternoon Art History teacher mentions that Cowry Shells were held sacred by many ancient cultures as symbols of fertility.... because they look like "censor"s as lacien might put it. :)

Edited by Daeval