My new PC and Doom 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The door lag is caused by the on the fly decompression of the data. Unpack all the pk4 files and you will see a big difference. You can also set the cfg to use cache, which it doesn't do by default I think, enabling this will also help lessen the lag. Check this site.

Well, with me, I have a 9800 Pro 128, a 64 3200+ and 1 GB of ram. I've played it on Ultra, and it lagged when ever i opened doors and certain scenes. So i'm baseing it on that.

Sa,e here,excpet 3000+ and 512MB RAM. Medium Setting is flawless. Anything higher than that and the game is still very playable, but lags when opening doors.

About Doom3: Jesus christ the atmosphere is tense. I've just gone past the point when the big bull/dog-type thing appears the first time.

About Doom3: Jesus christ the atmosphere is tense. I've just gone past the point when the big bull/dog-type thing appears the first time.

Congrats, you met pinky!

Well, with me, I have a 9800 Pro 128, a 64 3200+ and 1 GB of ram. I've played it on Ultra, and it lagged when ever i opened doors and certain scenes. So i'm baseing it on that.

Sa,e here,excpet 3000+ and 512MB RAM. Medium Setting is flawless. Anything higher than that and the game is still very playable, but lags when opening doors.

Cool, so it shouldn't be to bad on my PC, man! I'm gonna buy it today, can't wait! :)