FBA-XXX is driving me nuts

ms4_v4.rom not a prob but as for the others they were different then mine so i'm sorry i couldn't help on those (i didn't touch the matrim or svc drivers as i thought they were the lastest version

so i'll post the mslug4 file in newsgroup now

btw, i gave you most of svcbl/plus (both use the same c roms) except for the p1/m1's of those as mine are different

Edited by Prican25

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried that, but I get a wrong CRC on it.

EDIT : NM - Knowing the other name for the file, I was able to find another version of it with the correct CRC. Thanks for the helP!

ClrMAME PRO is being really weird on me. 30 minutes ago, it said I wasn't missing those two files from lastblda I found on the ng, now it says they're missing, even though I didn't touch the file. Also, those files from kof2002 - it reports them missing, then when I add them, it tells me they are unnecessary files from the parent and moves them. Next scan comes up fine. Scan after that, there's kof2002 missing those two files again.

So basically I'm trying to pick through this stuff, wondering what's program errors and what's really wrong version/bad ROM files.

Edited by ShastaOrange

Romcenter Ownz, hasnt done me wrong yet. cept when i kept getting uni bios crc errors when all i had to do was put it in the zip :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

well i suppose i gotta start somewhere! Im using fba-xxx 8/2/2004 and am having the same problems as the first poster. I've gotten games from various places but having problems with all of them. Off hand, kof2003 just goes black after loading up, garou is missing loads of files, and so too is samsho5 and svcplus. I've searched and searched and searched and i've still havent found out what to do. If anyone can give me and information that is allowed in here it would be much appreciated

Yes, you need to 1st, check your rom sets with either romcenter or clear..i forget its name..and use the FBAXXX romcenter dat file. This is created the first time FBAXXX is run on your XBOX, so, you'll need to obtain it off from the XBOX's FBAXXX folder,or you could use the one I made from partial source code. I use the old sets/non mame dump default.xbe of the older August 2nd release (i think) of FBAXXX that plays all my banned neogeo romsets. Anyhoo, give this a try: http://www.axledentaldj.com/fbaxx06042004.dat

Edited by axledentaldj