FBA-XXX is driving me nuts

Hi,

since 3 days i downloaded 900mb of all various kinds of Roms.

but it seems, all the roms that i've get has crc errors or incomplete.

My emulation plattform is the latest fbaxxx@Xbox.

Romcenter is also the latest, im usin the generated fbaxxx-Dat-file.

to show, how incredible my situation is:

romcenter.jpg

there are in each zip file, some roms that are missing or has crc mismatch.

my patience is no over and im now driving crazy.

Plz help :D (I can bet a completely RomSet of all other Consoles/Arcade Roms.)

Edited by Prican25

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like a lot of yours still have bad names. Have you tried to have RomCenter "fix" any of your ROMS yet? You can right click on any ROM and select "Fix game" and it will do all the renaming for you and remove any ROM files it's doesn't recognize (it stores them in a folder called "archive" in it's install directory).

But one note... RomCenter will sometimes tell you that you are missing BIOS files (i.e like uni-bios) and it will want to import those into each rom individually. That just takes up extra space. You only need one copy of BIOS files inside the "neogeo.zip". So the best way to do it is to select the ROM you want to fix in the left window and then highlight the individual ROM files you want it to fix in the right window. Right-click the ROM files and select "fix game". This way it will only fix the ones you highlight. Or just make sure you don't have your neo-geo.zip in the ROM path it's scanning so that it has no way of pulling in the BIOS files.

Anyway, the first thing you should do is have it fix all the bad names.

Of course, i tried to fix all the games.

But it seems that there to many unknown and missing ROMs.

And i read, that u can build to kinds of dat files with fbaxxx. One with default.xbe and the other with default (mame dump).xbe...

curious :D

And i read, that u can build to kinds of dat files with fbaxxx. One with default.xbe and the other with default (mame dump).xbe...

Yeah, which version are you using? The default.xbe? If you remove that one, remove the two DAT files it created, rename the MAME dump to default.xbe, then restart the emulator it will make new DATS for the MAME dump version.

Huge thanks to Thraxen for the files.  I'm getting them now & will update as soon as I've got them all sorted.  (Also thanks to Thraxen for maintaining the MAMEoX vm.txt - I knew I recognized that name from somewhere, but just couldn't place it! :) )

i have the some rom files if u need , maybe other files for the roms ur missing.. pm for if u want it

Edited by Prican25

guys/gals, you need to folllow the rules or else i'll have to close this or move it to roms request where shasta can't go yet due to posts (no asking for roms)

if you know the person who is willing to help you, then plz just pm him ;)

i'll be editing posts that have requests

i support ShastaOrange's work in putting together a great collection of dvd's so thats the reason i'm being nice to keep the thread going so he can release his fba-xxx disc :)

Edited by Prican25

Sorry about that, PRican25. I know we're kind of skirting the rules a bit, but this is pretty much a last ditch effort for me. I've been looking everywhere for this stuff. I remembered there was a ROM request forum here, but then one day it just disappeared, so I didn't know what else to do. :)

as part of the new rules, rom request is now for premium members and those above that only (100 posts limit)

if you need some help in finding some files, plz feel free to pm me a list and i'll see what i can help you out with (might be a newsgroup post if you perfer that).

ok guys/gals, i got all that that he mentioned on the first page except the 3 count bout and the kof2001h files and right now i'm posting the others in newsgroup so if anyone can help him out on just those few files then disc that many have been waiting for will be done :D