FBA-XXX is driving me nuts

Okay, I'm just trying to get a reasonably complete romset for FBA-XXX PR build, but it seems like the more I try, the more I fail. CLRMAME shows I'm missing various files from about 30 sets. I just spent three hours downloading other copies of the romsets, then pulling the appropriate ROMs out of the new zips and putting them into my old zips. About 75% of the time, it just doesn't work. CRC errors out the wazoo, wrong size errors, you name it. Not only that, but I have downloaded neogeo.zip files from over a dozen different sources, and every time it still shows a wrong CRC on uni-bios.rom. (Most of the neogeo.zip files don't even have that file in them. A lot have uni-bios.10, uni-bios.11, 12, & 13.) Whatever the filename, I get a wrong CRC on every one of those dozen neogeo.zips!

Then there are the games that are looking for some specific file that I can't find anywhere. I'll download the ROM set from five different sources, yet none of the files have that ROM I want in them. For example, 271-s1.rom in kof2003f. I found plenty of 271-s1.bin files, but not a single one with the.rom extension. I tried renaming it to.rom, but I got a wrong size error. I had also needed a 271-m1d.bin file for kof2003f. I found it, but, of course, CLRMAME gave me yet another wrong size error.

I downloaded 800MB of stuff tonight trying to fix about 30 games. In all the time I spent and with all I downloaded, I managed to fix a grand total of four games. Every thing else gave me nothing but CRC errors and wrong size errors. :rolleyes:

This is beyond frustrating. Am I doing something wrong here?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a rom file or 2.....

also you might ask prican since ur using his build.... i m using the last fbaxxx build with the banned roms from gogo.. my kof2k3 n others work find.. except for a few rom files im missing in some games,wrong crcs.. but no big deal since its svcbl.. got plus working.....

if u want help, pm me

Edited by Prican25

I know is might be a bit tedious, but can you tell us exactly what files out of each ROM you need?  Just tell us which file and what the CRC is.  We can likely help you out pretty quickly if you give us this information.

Hey, no more tedious than what I've been doing to try to find these ROMs. :D

Here's the problem files:

EDIT: All files copied into next post, since the list is getting so small.

Edited by ShastaOrange

3countb.zip

043-c1.bin - CRC d290cc33

043-c2.bin - CRC 0b28095d

043-c3.bin - CRC bcc0cb35

043-c4.bin - CRC 4d1ff7b9

matrim

266-c1.bin - CRC 2240352

266-c7.bin - CRC xbfaa985c

266-c8.bin - CRC xefaf3f3c

matrimah

266ah-p1.bin - CRC 1e59c746

roboarma

032-c1.bin - CRC e17fa618

032-c2.bin - CRC d5ebdb4b

032-c3.bin - CRC aa47d7695

032-c4.bin - CRC 8d4ebbe3

032-v1.bin - CRC daff9896

032-v2.bin - CRC 8781b1bc

svcbl

269-p1bl.bin - CRC 93855c0

Edited by ShastaOrange

Well, I have some of the files you need. I've set up an FTP with a zip file containing all the files I have that you need. Some may need to be renamed (CRCs match). Check your personal messages for FTP information.

And edit out the files as you get them so we can keep track of what you still need.

Edited by Thraxen