KOF 2004 GOSSIP!

- Choose between 2 game modes: the SDM mode with no cancelling, dash nor CD attack; and the super cancelling mode with only LDM for the leader, dash, CD attack and just defended.
What exactly is meant by SDM mode? It would have to be something good to lose LDM, Cancelling, Dash, AND Just Defend.

- Very flashy intro beginning with the new chars (kashmiur, tania, rock, hotaru, soiree,alba,mignon,lien), the returning (geese, kensou, bao). resembles the 99 intro. Then a collage with kyo, iori , ash, soiree and alba.
Is there any art anywhere for the new chars? Who are these guys? Yay Hotaru! Boo Bao... Who are Soiree and Alba? They sound familiar but I can't place 'em...

- Hotaru has all her powers from garou except the DM where she absorbs energy from the oponent.
The pure shock value of pulling the Flying Power Climax on an unaware newbie was my favorite reason to play Hotaru. This sucks!

The Teams:

Hero Team: Soiree, Alba, Mignon

Anti Hero Team: Ash, Shen, Lien

Fatal Fury Team: Terry, Joe, Mary

Hizoku Team: Lin, Duo Lon, Lan

Mark of the Wolves Team: Rock, Hotaru, Hokutomaru

Korea Team: Kim, Jhun, Jae Hoon

Art of Fighting Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri

Women's Team: King, Kashmiur, Tania

Fists of God Team: Kyo, Chizuru, Iori

Outlaw Team: Geese, Billy, Gato

Millenium Team: K', Kula, Vanessa

Psycho Soldiers Team: Athena, Kensou, Bao

Japan Team: Shingo, Benimaru, Daimon

Hidden chars: Adelheid, Rose, Kusanagi

An interesting lineup, but they do away with too much for me to be really happy with it. They are axing many of my favorite characters in exchange for their new ones, and so far I've been unimpressed with most of SNKP's designs.

The Korea team should be particularly boring to play as or against. They would have been better off with Dong Hwan or May Lee in the lineup.

The Women's team is going to rely on whether or not Kashmiur and Tania are decent. Again, bothers me that they replace two of three on a team.

Bringing Fists of God in is lame from a gameplay standpoint (three power-cards on one team, bleh), in my opinion, but has interesting story potential.

Outlaw team is cool because you've got Billy right along side Geese, but I could do without Gato. He was a novel addition for 2K3, but he just doesn't fit in with these two. Yamazaki would have been a better choice, but it could be argued that he is too counter-heavy to pair with Geese. Meh..

Millenium Team = "We need a place for these fan favorites..." Axing Whip and Maxima for this purpose disgusts me.

The others are acceptable, though I would have liked to see Andy in this one, but oh well. It's interesting to note that there is no Mai, and the entire Ikari team isn't here (see the rest of this thread. hehe). There's no Malin or Choi, which leaves me wondering if one of the new characters will have a similar style.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this is true but read this:
Now for the KOF2004 rumors from an alleged alpha test. They may or may not be true. Some people were quick to label them bullshit (the same people who said the news for KOF2003 was bullshit when it was first revealed) but the truth is no one knows. A similar report from an alpha test for KOF2003 was leaked and it all turned out to be true.

- Game speed back to 02 standards. The tag is the only fast stuff

- Tag still the same rules than 03, no health recovery.

- Character portraits appear next to life bar. If kim is active then the kim portrait will be shown.

- Life bars are the same as 03

- Choose between 2 game modes: the SDM mode with no cancelling, dash nor CD attack; and the super cancelling mode with only LDM for the leader, dash, CD attack and just defended.

- Even though big part of the sprites were cut from 03, they don't look as pixelated as neowave.

- The fifth button is for the tag function

- Very flashy intro beginning with the new chars (kashmiur, tania, rock, hotaru, soiree,alba,mignon,lien), the returning (geese, kensou, bao). resembles the 99 intro. Then a collage with kyo, iori , ash, soiree and alba. intro is kinda long, the longest in all kof's.

- There's one stage ripped from svc chaos, the last one before the boss fight.

- You fight against a 03-standars-under-powered kusanagi for the 4th match. it's a subboss fight like the angel-k9999-kula in 2002. u fight between the special team of kusanagi, rose and adel. the three hidden chars.

- Music is a bunch of remixes from previous OST specially from 00 and 03

- Nothing changed for the sound department. voices remains the same

- Nice select screen with a card style like in 96 with a blue background. portraits are gettin' smaller but the chars draws are well done with the same style as 02.

- Lots of special intros, chang and choi hit kim in his intro with jhun. ryo has special intros with yuri,robert,king and terry. kyo and iori regain their 01 intro with more and new dialogues. k' has special intro with kyo, ash, kula and tania. Kensou and Bao have a very and "must seen" intro against Ash.

- Chizuru is insanely overpowered and lost her reflection move. she got slower and it's a fortune she made team with kyo and iori again

- Tania has two of K's trademark moves. Possibly another Kyo clone.

- Kashmiur is a charge and motion char, a mixure just like kim. she has a counter dm similar to the royalty test for the liberalist (Angel).

- Consider rock howard as an old terry bogard. he's small as chris, no neo deadly rave DM and no double repuken, just repuken.

- Hotaru has all her powers from garou except the DM where she absorbs energy from the oponent. she is like malin's size.

- Hokutomaru is the same as garou with less speed. He is the size of Malin.

- Geese has new sprite, clothes same as svc but face has less hair and aging signs, he is getting old.

- Duolon doesn't have his 03 infinite, Lin is the same from 01 and didn't play with Lan.

The Teams:

Hero Team: Soiree, Alba, Mignon

Anti Hero Team: Ash, Shen, Lien

Fatal Fury Team: Terry, Joe, Mary

Hizoku Team: Lin, Duo Lon, Lan

Mark of the Wolves Team: Rock, Hotaru, Hokutomaru

Korea Team: Kim, Jhun, Jae Hoon

Art of Fighting Team: Ryo, Robert, Yuri

Women's Team: King, Kashmiur, Tania

Fists of God Team: Kyo, Chizuru, Iori

Outlaw Team: Geese, Billy, Gato

Millenium Team: K', Kula, Vanessa

Psycho Soldiers Team: Athena, Kensou, Bao

Japan Team: Shingo, Benimaru, Daimon

Hidden chars: Adelheid, Rose, Kusanagi

Source: http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=11781

Discuss.

EDIT: I removed two lines that could potentially be spoiler material if this turns out to be true. Go to the site to read them if you want.

Thats actaully the biggest pile of Bullsheit ever.

This "test" leads back all the way to the Neo-Geo USA Fourms from someone named "Mr.Big" who also said there was a secret SVCC2 Beta test a while back, which was, if you didn't know Bullsheit.

All in all!

This = Utter BS.

I agree with you K' dash that sounds like a bunch of kaka

but those spoilers, hmmm intresting and who' that m dude not mukai that he talks about.

but if it is true no more certain member with a cool weap

noooo

i hope its wrong

i really do.

I originally saw it here. From there, I followed those sources knowing that this is utter BS.

(Why do I keep saying BS, besides the fact i'm watching it, it really is!)

I originally saw it here. From there, I followed those sources knowing that this is utter BS.

(Why do I keep saying BS, besides the fact i'm watching it, it really is!)

That's pretty surprising rumor. Ash's team had turned themselves anti-hero team after KOF2003 event.

But I still don't believe that Geese is 'return from the dead'. So, no Chang-Choi from Korea again? :P

But anyway, better wait for the next updates to know the final lineup of characters for KOF2004.

It would be a shame if the Ikari team wouldn't make the cut, but I don't really mind, since I'm getting a little tired of those characters that are in KOF since the very first game... Allthough the Ikari team is very cool, I don't mind them leaving, as long as we get an ever greater team in return :clapping:.

Well now we know all that is bullshit. :P Canon Man to the rescue again (even though you didn't use any canon stuff, you are now Canon Man).

YES, YES I AM!

• 3 weeks later...