[8/17/04] Tekken 4

Maybe you should take games seriously instead of wasting all of your life posting on here... On a game emulation site? I don't think I have accumulated 5000 posts if you add up all of my posts on every message board I have been to since I first got on the internet in 1996.  Yet you do not take games seriously with 5,000 posts on a messageboard pertaining to games.  And you have done it in 8 months.

Perhaps if you said something worthwhile that had something to do with the topic, instead of useless drivel, not pertaining to the subject at hand, you would gain some respect. Otherwise, go back to posting in an off-topic section, spamming away.

How about playing games for fun? Who cares if ppl post on an emulation forums.

If you're goin gto flame, take it elsewhere.

No one cares except for you and Fatal obviously

Me and BloodBlaze may agree about Tekken and fighting games in general but DO NOT bring me into this flame war! Oh and yes I do play fighitng games for fun too. :P

I obviously blame Fatal for this intrustion.

Me using big words = bad.

i cannot prevent people from posting how they feel, and thats a fact, get over it.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should take games seriously instead of wasting all of your life posting on here... On a game emulation site? I don't think I have accumulated 5000 posts if you add up all of my posts on every message board I have been to since I first got on the internet in 1996.  Yet you do not take games seriously with 5,000 posts on a messageboard pertaining to games.  And you have done it in 8 months.

Perhaps if you said something worthwhile that had something to do with the topic, instead of useless drivel, not pertaining to the subject at hand, you would gain some respect. Otherwise, go back to posting in an off-topic section, spamming away.

How about playing games for fun? Who cares if ppl post on an emulation forums.

If you're goin gto flame, take it elsewhere.

No one cares except for you and Fatal obviously

Me and BloodBlaze may agree about Tekken and fighting games in general but DO NOT bring me into this flame war! Oh and yes I do play fighitng games for fun too. :P

I obviously blame Fatal for this intrustion.

Me using big words = bad.

i cannot prevent people from posting how they feel, and thats a fact, get over it.

Well sorry about that fatal :D

I'm just trying to stop you guys from doing weird stuff that might screw this topic over and such :)

On a more serious note, This topic convinced me of 2 things, lets not make anymore :)

Whoa whoa, chill out dude. By not taking games too seriously I mean that I don't play at tournaments and I don't care about the in depth technical aspects. I play for fun with friends, I don't find it necessary to take something which is meant to entertain and turn it into some technical joystick jerk fest. And even for the games I do take seriously, I'm not a militant asshole about them. :P

I post here because I enjoy emulation (especially of the older systems) and I like the people here. And if you can't contribute anything but flames, don't say anything at all.

(==-=-) Masked Kirby Strikes!

A good review, but like all reviews, it only reflects one person's opinions about a game. I'm not a fan of Tekken 4 and enjoyed 3 more, so I agree with what you have said.

Still, many people like Tekken 4. It's not a bad game, but not a good game either.

(==-=-) Masked Kirby Strikes!

And just to make it get off topic for a second!

MY EYES, KIRBY KILLED MY EYES.

What's up with Masked Kirby lately?

It was just a little joke from me. I put 5 masked kirbies on the site. Unfortunately, I stopped due to Gamecop since he has enough stress already.

Hes an old guy...gotta respect him :lol:

Bloodblaze sounds like the saddest man in history. What a joke :P

He has the most worthless opinions I've ever had the misfortune to read, what terrible arguments.

Tekken 4 is a better overall game than Tekken 3 for reasons tournament obsessed freaks would never understand. The fact that you play it in tournaments means jack sh!t. In the grand scheme of things Tekken 4 was an improvement and I sincerely believe Tekken 5 will be a downgrade. Going back to an outmoded style in an attempt to pander to the morons like 'bloodblaze' can only be a bad thing. Get playing the tripe Tekken Tag and Shut It.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I got a real Tekken 4 arcade machine with system 248 for 200.00 at auction...mint condition original cab...only thing wrong was that the DVD was missing...lol they couldnt understand why it didnt work and i scooped it up and to my surprise...namco system 248 plays DVD-R with no mod!!!!!!!!!

ive had it for 1 year and it has made me 1200.00 at least in quarters...great game very popular and so i burned Soul Calibur 2 B version arcade dvd-rom and Wala! now tekken 4 is soul calibur 2 :D

keep making me money biatch!

point is.. ---> GET A SYSTEM 248 for your arcade cause it has NO protection...you get all 20 DVD-roms and burn em

Edited by sammaz

A minor critisicm of this (and most of your reviews really): you don't go into enough detail. Like you mention that the game is unbalanced, but you don't really talk about how, except that jin is powerful and that the wall-bouncing makes for infinites (which I never really had a problem with, but I'm not all hardcore into Tekken either). If you think it's really broken, you should give some more examples so that people know, for example, if it's broken in terms of tournament play, or if it's so broken that they aren't going to be able to have fun with a few friends. I'm not trying to be insulting, just a constructive criticism, and I do mostly agree with your review.

I thought of Tekken 4 as a reasonable "distilling" of the series. They took a bunch of characters whose movesets were ridiculously similar and condensed them into a smaller batch of more unique fighters. The graphics and things were good, but not up to VF4Evo standards. However, the real problem was the wall thing. They made it out to be this big feature and it was really kind of lame, amounting to a few extra hits once in a while. Other than that it was, at least as a casual fighter, as solid as any other Tekken.