[8/17/04] Tekken 4

1/2 around the stage could bounce you off the wall for infinite with anyone

Absolutely false, as long as you continue getting up, you will continue cornertraped on to the wall, after the second punch, you should be fall evenly to the ground, where you could just roll out. This is rookie level defense.

and lets not get started with the unreasonable cheap Jin.

No such thing as cheapness in any tekken game, everyone is an individual, each and single of em has a variety of attributes, weaknesses, offense and defense. Anyone who can master counters and finding yer oponent's weakness, that's your winning ticket.

Characters aren't really that cheap :D. It's the person who use them. I can play Jin like a cheap B#$#%tch, but i prefer using Lei. Super weak, but super fun.

But it is unfortunately true that Jin was severely overpowered in Tekken 4. I sorta gets boring watching those tournaments movie, where most of the time you will always see a Jin vs Jin match.

At least Tekken 5 is on it's way and from what i've seen so far, its gonna rock :D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely disgree with your review of Tekken 4. I am a hardcore Tekken fan and I see Tekken 4 as a mega improvement over the others. I absolutely love it and can now compare it against the best 3D fighting game series - Virtua Fighter.

Seems a bit daft giving the game a thumbs down when you gave it a better than average score of 7/10. Stupid magazine reviewers seem to think that 70% means it's average, you seem to think it means it's bad and people who know better think 7/10 means it's better than average.

If you dislike it as much as you say, you should give it about 4/10 (less than average) - Anyway I love this sequel and class it as my 2nd favourite 3d fighter ever, just behind the wonderful VF3.

Changing the subject from your review now:

At least you weren't daft enough to hate the removal of Jin's moveset.

The way I see it, if you loved Jin's moves - choose Kazuya (he was originally the main character). and if you love Jin's personality or look - choose Jin.

Also, some people say Christie is a waste of a new character and should have a new moveslist. I say that Namco are the exact opposite of lazy by completely redesigning the character instead of just shoving Eddy back in. If you all remember, Namco originally wanted a female Capoeira fighter for Tekken 3, but hardware limitations wouldn't allow for it.

Anyway, Just wanted to say that you were criticising the game just because you prefer how Tekken used to be, some people do love part 4 even more than the other 3.

Fatal is hardcore T/VF also, but yeah. I'm not a hardcore player of these games but I loved 4 more then 3.

I completely disgree with your review of Tekken 4. I am a hardcore Tekken fan and I see Tekken 4 as a mega improvement over the others. I absolutely love it and can now compare it against the best 3D fighting game series - Virtua Fighter.

Seems a bit daft giving the game a thumbs down when you gave it a better than average score of 7/10. Stupid magazine reviewers seem to think that 70% means it's average, you seem to think it means it's bad and people who know better think 7/10 means it's better than average.

If you dislike it as much as you say, you should give it about 4/10 (less than average) - Anyway I love this sequel and class it as my 2nd favourite 3d fighter ever, just behind the wonderful VF3.

Changing the subject from your review now:

At least you weren't daft enough to hate the removal of Jin's moveset.

The way I see it, if you loved Jin's moves - choose Kazuya (he was originally the main character). and if you love Jin's personality or look - choose Jin.

Also, some people say Christie is a waste of a new character and should have a new moveslist. I say that Namco are the exact opposite of lazy by completely redesigning the character instead of just shoving Eddy back in. If you all remember, Namco originally wanted a female Capoeira fighter for Tekken 3, but hardware limitations wouldn't allow for it.

Anyway, Just wanted to say that you were criticising the game just because you prefer how Tekken used to be, some people do love part 4 even more than the other 3.

I gave it a thumb’s down because I expected much more out of Tekken. I know 7 is a decent scare but when comparing it to the last two previous releases in the series that is a disappointment.

I had to register to post on this. I have never seen so much ignorance, it truly is blissful.

Tekken 4 is an improvement on the series!? Hahaha. You guys obviously know nothing about fighting games. Ask some of the best veteran Korean, and Japanese players(Oh wait you don't know any of them because you don't go to evo, and travel to play fighting games). Well I do. They will tell you how damn dissappointed they are at Tekken4. The collision boxes are garbage, everybody has an infinite, and no you cannot escape the infinites I am talking about. They are done with a pre-calibrated control list so they can be done. The fact is, they are there.

I saw on another review that this rivaled Virtua fighter? Are you flocking crazy? You must not have played VF that long. Virtua Fighter has a counter for every counter, every move there is multiple options on what you can do to counter, escape, or block it.

Tekken 4 is a joke in the Tekken Series. Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag are much better. Ask the pro's since obviously you guys have NO freakin clue how to play fighting games at all. Have you guys even heard of the Evolution tournament? Onetami Haiken? Word of advice, go to tekken-zaibatsu, and learn your stuff about Tekken. That is where the largest community of tekken veterans are. Post that Tekken 4 is the best in the series, and prepare to be flamed

DAMNNN! You guys must just play on your little emulation machines, because when you play real competition with a joystick, traveling to play people, it is a lot different. I honestly cannot believe the level of ignorance I am seeing.

I have been playing since the first Tekkens initial release, and loved Tekken, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Tekken Tag. I was very disappointed with the release of Tekken 4. It is garbage, worst in the series. I hope they redeem themselves with Tekken 5.

Edited by Bloodblaze

Maybe you should take games seriously instead of wasting all of your life posting on here... On a game emulation site? I don't think I have accumulated 5000 posts if you add up all of my posts on every message board I have been to since I first got on the internet in 1996. Yet you do not take games seriously with 5,000 posts on a messageboard pertaining to games. And you have done it in 8 months.

Perhaps if you said something worthwhile that had something to do with the topic, instead of useless drivel, not pertaining to the subject at hand, you would gain some respect. Otherwise, go back to posting in an off-topic section, spamming away.

Edited by Bloodblaze

Maybe you should take games seriously instead of wasting all of your life posting on here... On a game emulation site? I don't think I have accumulated 5000 posts if you add up all of my posts on every message board I have been to since I first got on the internet in 1996.  Yet you do not take games seriously with 5,000 posts on a messageboard pertaining to games.  And you have done it in 8 months.

Perhaps if you said something worthwhile that had something to do with the topic, instead of useless drivel, not pertaining to the subject at hand, you would gain some respect. Otherwise, go back to posting in an off-topic section, spamming away.

Maybe you should actually should know us a bit more. Some of use here are competetive in gaming, but not at VF/T. Yes, most of us are quite aware of what Evo is, I would get a chance to go, but not for VF/T, but for Guilty Gear XX. You should be quite aware of your surrounds before mouthing off at a community like that.

Kinda sad that you say that because you assume we have no life.

Btw, I do take my gaming seriously, but if a game has absolute no interest in me I will bash away and oppose everything you say because well, I can.

You are just one of those godawful fanboys that follow the incrowd of the game.

"Oh it sucks, I'll agree anyways."

Seriously, be aware, I've been following the Competetion scene for a about 2 years now and seen no one bash on people who don't play the game at a competition level. They play it for fun. Unlike the other people(like you, who I assume just watches Evo matches then plays in them).

Now excuse me while I get back to wasting my life on one game and not this one.

Edit: WEEEEEEEEEEEEE! WATCH ME GET FLAMED BECAUSE I'M DIFFERENT!

Edited by K`dash

Maybe you should take games seriously instead of wasting all of your life posting on here... On a game emulation site? I don't think I have accumulated 5000 posts if you add up all of my posts on every message board I have been to since I first got on the internet in 1996.  Yet you do not take games seriously with 5,000 posts on a messageboard pertaining to games.  And you have done it in 8 months.

How about playing games for fun? Who cares if ppl post on an emulation forums.

If you're goin gto flame, take it elsewhere.

No one cares except for you and Fatal obviously

Me and BloodBlaze may agree about Tekken and fighting games in general but DO NOT bring me into this flame war! Oh and yes I do play fighitng games for fun too. :P

Me and BloodBlaze may agree about Tekken and fighting games in general but DO NOT bring me into this flame war! Oh and yes I do play fighitng games for fun too. :P

I obviously blame Fatal for this intrustion.

Me using big words = bad.