Do dashboards slow games down?

someboddy

If I install a new dashboard on my board, will it make my games slower?

No, there 's no connection between the Dash & the required time to load the game. If U launch an original CD/DVD of the game from the Dash (always other than M$ Dash in this example), it 'll launch it as with a normal retail X-Box non modded or using an exploit.

But if it's a backup on CD/DVD it 'll need a bit + time to load it.

If the backup 's stored in Ur HD, it 'll be loaded + quickly than an original CD/DVD of the game.

If I install a new dashboard on my board, will it make my games slower?

No, there 's no connection between the Dash & the required time to load the game. If U launch an original CD/DVD of the game from the Dash (always other than M$ Dash in this example), it 'll launch it as with a normal retail X-Box non modded or using an exploit.

But if it's a backup on CD/DVD it 'll need a bit + time to load it.

If the backup 's stored in Ur HD, it 'll be loaded + quickly than an original CD/DVD of the game.

Mr X is 100% correct. If it is significantly slower check other beneficial factors :(

As far as I know, your dashboard is not in the background while you play games because your dash is (typically) on your C: partition, while games are (typically) on your F: partition. The XBOX basically switches focus from dashboard to game on command...I think that's how it works.

The XBox only runs one.xbe at a time. All traces of the dash itself is erased. However on older versions of evolutionx the dashboard "patched" the game allowing in game resets without having to have that feature in the bios. This is really the only way the dash can screw up your games.