*Sigh* need to upgrade...again!

Unfortunately, my new PC is showing signs of not being able to run the latest games. Games like Deus Ex: Invisible war, Splinter Cell 2 and C&C Generals run pretty slow on my PC. And I think it is because of my GFX card. It was only going to be a temporary option anyway, so I'm thinking of upgrading.

ATM my computer specs are

ASUS P4S800 Motherboard

P4 Celeron 2.8GHz CPU

512mbs of DDR400 ram (PC3200).

Sapphire Radeon 9200se (128MB)

This is the card I'm thinking of getting (I can't afford a 9600xt or a 9800):

ATI Radeon 9600pro (256MB) DVI, EZ

Don't ask me what "DVI, EZ" means as I have no idea, but what I want to know is, for such a big investment am I going to get a SUBSTANTIAL incrase in performance? Is it worth the money in otherwords

Edited by random guy

Sorry I disagree. If you want a 9600 card go for at least the 9600XT. It is more expensive, but not by that much. It struggles slightly with Doom 3, and you will probably want to play it in 800*600.

However, it is only slightly more expensive than the Pro, and WILL DEFINATELY have a substantial improvement over the 9200SE which is pretty crappy. It will certainly nail Dues Ex and Generals to the wall. :angry:

So in answer, yes it is worth getting, but try for an XT if you can swing it, as the rest of you system is not to bad.

Edited by DragonKeeper

Differing with both of you. If you still got a little extra cash on hand, grab a 9800 Pro 128MB

Thats practically the best buget card you can get without going over the rediclusly spending limits past it.

Differing with both of you. If you still got a little extra cash on hand, grab a 9800 Pro 128MB

Thats practically the best buget card you can get without going over the rediclusly spending limits past it.

I would have to agree, because that's the card I'm getting. :angry:

Edited by Agozer

if your cheap and gonna shell out cash for a good sorta-still-top-of-the-line-video-card, a 9800 Pro is the way to go.

might I recommend overclocking yer card before getting a new one lol !! :angry:

9200se are overclocked 9200 to begin with. And something that takes maybe at least 3 of DX9's other features? Kinda useless imo if he's planning to have this comp for at least 4 to 6 years.