WinXP SP2

ugenn

• 2 weeks later...

The LAN/IT edition is out now. I don't remember the url at the top of my head, but a website has it up on torrent, the full, non-RC/beta edition.

sp2torrent or something.com

My windows update kicked in and DLed it automagically a day or two ago, does anyone know what exactly I got?

Tsukiyo - you should really look into configuring the open ports on your firewall rather than shutting it down entirely. Any decent program will be able to work properly with the firewall configured.

Tsukiyo - you should really look into configuring the open ports on your firewall rather than shutting it down entirely.  Any decent program will be able to work properly with the firewall configured.

I agree. Whereas the WinXP firewall is a waste of my time, a firewalls pprogram is still a neccesity(sp?). A program called BitDefender came with my current machine and it's good, but there are good freeware firewalls too.

Well all the firewalls that i have had on my computer screw up some of my stuff, like online gaming, or using ares,kazza, shareaza. I just want to tjhem to work. So I am refusing to upgrade my sp til i figure out a way to get my stuff to work. I reformatted my com last night because i couldn't download.

:banghead: DIE XP FIREWALL!!! ;)