WinMugen Discussions

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

i found a way to get all stages working in win mugen.

in the def file

change \ slashes to /

example

:

before

[bGdef]

spr = stages\MSH_Wolverine.sff

debugbg = 1

after

[bGdef]

spr = stages/MSH_Wolverine.sff

debugbg = 1

also dos 2 win does work

100% chance to work.

so if your stages won't play in win mugen just go into it's def file and simple change the slash mark.

happy gaming.

Edited by Alexlexus

• 1 month later...

hey guys i got a problem with this program, just downloaded winmugen yesterday and i downloaded some characters well like out of 12 only half showed up in the little box, so i dont know what the problem is :( this is how i put them in the "select" file "StriderHien, stages/mybg.def" , without the semicoln's if some1 can tell me what i did wrong or where i can get some characters that are compatible with this winmugen it would make my day :devilboy: thanx

p.s i have looked everywhere but i cant finf anything that could help me.

hey guys i got a problem with this program, just downloaded winmugen yesterday and i downloaded some characters well like out of 12 only half showed up in the little box, so i dont know what the problem is :o  this is how i put them in the "select" file      "StriderHien, stages/mybg.def"

If you put only 'StriderHien', Mugen automaticly searches for 'StriderHien/striderhien.def'...

So, what could be the problem, is that Strider's.DEF file has a different name than Strider's directory.

For example, Strider could have a.DEF file called 'Strider.def', but a directory called 'StriderHien'. In that case, Adding 'StriderHien' to you select.def would cause Mugen to find no.DEF file, and show no character box in your game. The solution:

- Make sure Strider's.DEF file is named 'StriderHien.def' as well, and not 'Strider.def', etc.

or

- In your select.def, change 'StriderHien' to 'StriderHien/Strider.def

I hope that was clear enough :blink:-_-

• 1 month later...

It works pretty fine but when it comes to choosing characters some face graphics are displayed incorrectly, I just tried dos mugen and there all worked fine.

But here:

Mugen.gif

I tried changing few things in config file but it didn't change anything.

Basically I could use dos version but the problem is my pad don't want to work, I tried pad emulator but all the buttons on the pad worked as a one button even though all of them had signed different functions.

And one more thing? Anyone knows how to get rid of the 'gong' sound which appears during the battle from time to time.

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Amusingly, all of the character files that I downloaded, I put in their respective places(i.e. Alice in the char data), but it isn't loading. None of them are available for use.

However, the fullscreen mode works for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HEy guys! I play winmugen but somehow when i lose and i say yes to restart, when i play again i get an error messaege saying cant open stage. ANd all my stages work fine! HELP!!!