Question about M.U.G.E.N

How many characters and backgrounds can you fit in Mugen?

I have over 200 characters and bunches of stages (somewhere in the 80s).

So, I tried to put 40 backgrounds in -WinMugen Unlimited- and only about 10 where selectable.

Also, the Capcom vs SNK screenpack has 60 slots. Can I increase that to atleast 90 slots in the.def file?

Some characters, especial Mortal Kombatants, their avatars have imperfect colors. Can that be fixed?

oh and i heard and seen several screenshots that Mugen is a shareware. after a few weeks, it'll poop on you. Is that true? I want my MUGEN to last for eternity!

Edited by crocked_ears

How many characters and backgrounds can you fit in Mugen?
I don't think there is a limit.

Electrocade has over 3,000 of each in his.

So, I tried to put 40 backgrounds in -WinMugen Unlimited- and only about 10 where selectable.

Some aspects of coding in screenpacks and in stages are different in Win/LinMugen compared to Dos Mugen.

Also, the Capcom vs SNK screenpack has 60 slots. Can I increase that to atleast 90 slots in the.def file?

Yes but you may have to alter other things such as the player select cursor, the size of the character boxes and the big portrait positions if you want it to look well.

Some characters, especial Mortal Kombatants, their avatars have imperfect colors. Can that be fixed?

Yes but you will have to recompile the sff correctly.

oh and i heard and seen several screenshots that Mugen is a shareware. after a few weeks, it'll poop on you. Is that true? I want my MUGEN to last for eternity!
Where the hell did you read that? o_O =P

Your mugen will last as long as your PC works.

GryphonKlaw, does it do that in all MUGENs? I have about 5 different versions, i hope they all clean with that error.

TTP, where can I download Electrocade? I think I'm up for a thousand characters on the select screen.

:angry:

GryphonKlaw, does it do that in all MUGENs?  I have about 5 different versions, i hope they all clean with that error.

All versions of Mugen have a message that says it's a beta version, but you can get rid of it by simply pressing F1...

TTP, where can I download Electrocade?  I think I'm up for a thousand characters on the select screen.

:blink:

Electrocade is a Mugen creator, you can't download him :angry: