My new system

Agozer

My current specs:

Intel Pentium 200 Mhz MMX

32MB RAM

8 GB HDD (the old one was 3 GB, but it got borked)

ATi 3D Rage Pro + RealVision Flash 3D Voodoo 1

SoundBlaster Vibra 16X

NEC CD-ROM 16x

HP CD-Writer Plus 8100i 4x/2x/24x (Cost a fortune when I bought it roughly 5-6 years ago)

Iomega ZIP 100 external drive

Windows 98

And... DirectX 5 (tops)

How's that for a gamer's dream? Yeah right. B)

My new rig doesn't have a floppy drive.

Do you realy use this one??????? :ph34r: what you can do with it you can`t even load a neoragex roms

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current specs:

Intel Pentium 200 Mhz MMX

32MB RAM

8 GB HDD (the old one was 3 GB, but it got borked)

ATi 3D Rage Pro + RealVision Flash 3D Voodoo 1

SoundBlaster Vibra 16X

NEC CD-ROM 16x

HP CD-Writer Plus 8100i 4x/2x/24x (Cost a fortune when I bought it roughly 5-6 years ago)

Iomega ZIP 100 external drive

Windows 98

And... DirectX 5 (tops)

How's that for a gamer's dream? Yeah right. B)

My new rig doesn't have a floppy drive.

Do you realy use this one??????? :ph34r: what you can do with it you can`t even load a neoragex roms

This is the comp I've been using for the past 6 years... and still do.

I can run NeoRAGEx... why else would I know so much about NRX in the first place? NRX runs on DX5 minimum.

Edited by Agozer

Sorry to say, but what a junker!  :ph34r:  My first PC used to have similar specs. Even my current PC is becoming crappy by the minute. Would anyone care to donate a video card thats better than my 16 MB ATi Rage 128 Ultra?  :D

Whoa. That better than my current one... ATi hit an all time low with those Rage chips. They marketed my current video card with "This new card grants you state-of-the-art 3D accelerated visuals!."

The only thing I could make work in "3D" and with all the colors and textures was the Direct3D test that has the spinning cube.

I had one of those ATI Rage "cards." I got a Voodoo 3 2000 PCI to counter it's shittiness.

I tried countless of other cards, but none of them worked properly. I think it's because of my mobo.

I wonder how the hell did a 2002-era PC (check specs a couple posts above) like my current one get stuck with a crappy (even back then) late-90's card like thr ATI Rage. I guess its a small step above PCI and integrated cards. Im amazed that i can get emus to run with this card (the rest of my specs must be doing the bulk of the work) but when the emus go up to arcade and the 32-bit systems thats where it starts geting choppy no matter how much i tweak the emus. Even the classic system emus are starting to run choppy with their new additions and those newfangled hqxx filters (which look quite nice). What i concetrate on first is getting the games to run as originally intended no matter how ugly it looks (i wont skimp on sound options though) and then if my specs could handle it add some bells & whistles. I wont even attempt PC games since its not worth the effort (an old PC game like Virtua Fighter 2 wont run perfectly on my specs no matter how much i tweak it <_< ).

Ironically, Virtua Fighter 2 PC runs flawlessly on my PC. <_>

On another note, I had to give up emulators tht emulate even the simplest systems because of new additions and mainly DirectX updates... Thank god there a thing called ZSNES DOS. Emulators like Gens, Kega, newest WinUAE and about every emulator that uses latest plugins do not work with my current system thanks to strong DX coding.

Edited by Agozer