Rule Change Completed

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why am I still mod of section that doesn't exist?

The Emu-net section has been manipulated.. once the completion is made, you will be assigned in the new forums, and sorry about yer modertorship in here and all, I'm sure yer qualify for true moderatorship here (well in a few section yer good with), I voted ;)

;) this rule going to destroy the site........ I mean a new member must post 100... it`s better to searsh than post.... this mean no new member..... is that good :thumbsd:  :P  :angry:

Well that only shows that those who don't bother to post anything just come here for the rom images and not for the site itself. That doesn't make a community and these people do not contribute to the existence of a community.

Besides, getting 100 posts when participating in conversations is no big deal, and then the user gets the Premium Member status and the hidden forum.

I don't see a problem with that.

It is sad to see that people only appreciated 1Emulation when it allowed posting links to rom sites. This place doesn't need members that think that posting 100 times to get a PM status is too much work.

Personally, to this day, I haven't had to post a rom request. Why? Because I went out there and found the sites on my own before asking help from others. Has searching the internet become "too much work" as well?

At this point I must tip my hat to DarkMage247 and other people that saw this place as a place to talk and get help, rather than a place that grants a rom link fix to anyone who needs it.

Edited by Agozer

let's see, what made 1emu good...... oh yeah, sharing links, getting help and helping people find the things they need. now we are just another dime a dozen emu site.........great. :thumbsd:  ;)

1emulation is all about support, but we dont want to end up as a domestic site filled with mass linking to illegal material, thats a bad reputation as a emulation site, and we plan to change that. As you may know, the people that help out in the rom request section has their own ways of getting the roms,isos and such. Why can't everyone just follow what they did? Just about anyone in the emulation scene for a while should know their own instinct of finding the things you need. If yer lazy, too bad.. you have to grow out of that and finding things on yer own. If not, try the people you have known, they could help you out. Everything emulation goodies range from P2P to Bit Torrent, its all there. You just have to look or search for em, some might be difficult to find, but you must try out other solutions. 1emulation is a site for fans you and me. We use the forum mainly to discuss the scene, express our own thoughts in general terms, helping each other out with problems involving with emulation. Putting roms in term make sense, if you had a problem in terms of repair, decrypt, making it load, etc.

;) this rule going to destroy the site........ I mean a new member must post 100..... is that good :thumbsd:  :P  :angry:

taken it from what Agozer mentioned..

The majority registered here are just for rom request purpose, they have no intention for the forum itself, they came to get what they desire. Thats not the appropriate way a community should run. That isn't what we expect, mainly a forum is open discussion, thats the main concept, the people should know better themselves to know they should register here because of their interest in terms of just emulation, they are here to speak out their mind, not desires.

... it`s better to searsh than post.... this mean no new member

You just answer the problem, everyone should know their own ways of getting the things they wanted, why do you need our help to find ? if there is something rare, nothing is impossible to get, you just have to look harder and try other solutions you can think of. Remember nothing is impossible to find what you are looking for (exception for unknown exsistance/pre-release/etc).

As for the community, I don't claim a bunch of sorry lazy people as "members", we only wanted a community where we can all enjoy the place and make it a use for appropriate support and service, not for yer desire shames :lol:

Yeah this site is more than Rom Requests. But once you do get (if ever) to Premium Member status, it's like nothing changed...sort of. Don't be a freeloader just looking for a quick fix, this place is people who want to talk to each other about emulation, not just request in or troll around the rom section and never say anything. The sad thing is that many of the people who joined did so just for that reason...

The ROM request section should be removed altogether. There is absolutely no need for it. As has been said repeatedly there are many ways to get these games such as IRC, bit torrent, Direct Connect etc so why should people with 100+ posts have this luxury?

As Agozer said, the majority of premium members have never requested a ROM anyway so what's the point in having a premium member-only request section?? I don't understand why simply having 100 posts should entitle someone to request a rom whenever the site is clearly trying to steer away from linking to roms??

IMO the rom request section only ever helped those who were just too fkin lazy to type a few words into google/bitoogle or whatever. I'm not boasting in any way but I have got thousands of roms and have NEVER asked for or requested 1 single game. The roms are out there it should be easy to find most of them. One prime example lately is MvC2 which is FREELY available on almost every p2p source I can think of yet it is has been requested multiple times. Thats simply lazy :D

I have to say I'm totally with the new rules, it makes this whole thing more legal in my eyes, I wouldn't even mind if the 100 post thing went too.

For me it's not just about linking to roms etc, but its all the oter stuff which makes this such a great community! :D

All I know is that yes I requested roms before, but I also came here asking for help and got it. So i'm not leaving.

I have no problem with people requesting rom images and I like helping people out, but if that's the only reason they registered, then they're just damn lazy.

G19: Well, the hidden forum is good if a Premium Member wants to share a link or links with others. Such as the upcoming Samurai Shodown V Special or NAOMI dumps. As such, I don't wish for the complete removal of the forum.

Edited by Agozer

Lazy, heh. I first came here looking for Samurai Showdown 5. Took me 4 hours til I got this site. Maybe I am being lazy, but I don't like wasting 4 hours for a rom. This site made things faster. And I like that. I don't like spending so much time searching for every new rom on my own. Which is why I like rom sharing, because if I can't find it, someone can possibly help me, and if someone can't find something, I can help them. And now we have to wait til we get 100 posts, which will reduce the amount of people that come here, people who come here for a rom, then stick around afterwords because they like this place.

Oh well. 73 more posts to go. At this rate it will take me abour 1 year and 6 1/2 months. :D

Edited by Dooz