Doom 3 requirements problem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you people.

I'll say this clear.

YOU CANNOT NINJA

Hell, you can't even ninja when you beserk. So don't even try.

You know that hiding in the shadows thing, only works a few times, after that, people littlerly start shooting rockets into that hiding spot.

By far the most interesting comment I've heard about MP is that you can hide in the shadows and kill oblivious people, Thief/Manhunt style. I'd like to see that! That would be cool fun!

Hmm.. I'll have to check that out. Hiding in a dark corner with a backpack full of grenades would be interesting.

If the maps are anything like the single player game, this will probably amount to "camping" to deathmatch fans and therefore might get you kicked off a server. I always thought this was a weak argument for enforcing a certain play style, but I did find myself extremely annoyed at the zombies that "camp" in the single player game. What's worse, there's no muzzle flash, so you can't see them even when they're pumping shell after shell into your sorry hide.

Also, anyone who's played the single player game will know to check and learn every single nook or cranny that is so much as dimly lit. :(

Edit: Jeebus you people are fast.. three replies between "reply" and "submit!"

Edited by Daeval

Actually, in all my Online play thus far, Campers either stop camping because you can't camp unless you got good reflex to do so and kill them with one hit WITH the shotgun(which that, and your Beserking Fists can only kill in one Hit, and both require to be at extremely close range to kill in 1 hit) or just left. Just because theirs a dark cornor doesn't mean some noob is going to camp there. I've seen noobs get owned because they go there. Hell, even nades take a while to kill someone, you can't kill someone with a nade when they have a 100HP.

What's worse, there's no muzzle flash, so you can't see them even when they're pumping shell after shell into your sorry hide.

In the DoomConfig.cfg change

seta g_muzzleFlash "0"

to

seta g_muzzleFlash "1"

Are you using the sound chip on your nforce2 board (I'm assuming you have nforce2)? If so, that's been known to have problems with Doom III.

It doesn't make sense if its not compatible with your Klipsch 5.1 since that is the premier gaming surround system. ;) Lucky bastard.

I have audigy 2 platinum pro.My games won't recognize 5.1 even though i have klipsch 5.1 ultras with 2 sws woofers.

What's worse, there's no muzzle flash, so you can't see them even when they're pumping shell after shell into your sorry hide.

In the DoomConfig.cfg change

seta g_muzzleFlash "0"

to

seta g_muzzleFlash "1"

As much as this problem has irritated me, I think this constitutes psychological advice at this point. Thank you!

Advide to new Doom 3 players: TURN THIS ON!

It depends on your system, because it auto configs it at startup the first time you run it.

You then can tweak it later.

Hey, was anyone lucky enough to get the Trent Reznor Doom III sound pack? But id asked for it to be removed so the link is gone.

This is from GameSpot:

Were you dissapointed by the lackluster sounds of Doom 3? Do you want your pistol not to sound like a Nerf air gun? Wish the enemies made sounds that could actually scare someone? Long for the far superior sounds by Trent Reznor? Well look no further, for here they are! This mod changes the sounds for the imp, the pinky, the zombie, the fat zombie, the zombie commando, the hell knight, the pistol, the shotgun, the machine gun, the chaingun, the player,that's it!

So if any of you get this sound pack, please post here. :P