Doom 3 requirements problem

Are you using the sound chip on your nforce2 board (I'm assuming you have nforce2)? If so, that's been known to have problems with Doom III.

It doesn't make sense if its not compatible with your Klipsch 5.1 since that is the premier gaming surround system. :D Lucky bastard.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game wasn't really meant for online play. I think they left that up to the mod makers. In time you'll see some fantastic mods that'll make it worth purchasing. And by then the price would have gone down as well. I haven't played multiplayer yet but I don't think I'd really be into it for this game, atleast the way it is right now.

i.d. has completely left the Online play to mod makers and Quake 4.

If you're into online competetive play. OrangeSmoothie(the people who made Quake 3 OSP, which kicks ass) is in the planning stages of OSP. It will include balances, lighter skins, and possibly more maps. Seriously though, if you ask me, wait until Quake 4 for MP, Doom 3 to me, is completely for the Single Player Expenerience. Although playing this game on LAN kicks so much ass.

If any of the halls were wide enough for more than one person, Doom 3 Co-Op would be the best darn co-op experience since.. well.. Doom 2.. Hehehe... Other than that, multiplayer is up to modders.

Quick side note: Did anyone else feel this game has a tendency to go for "cheap hits?" Like the imps waiting in pounce-mode just inside doors, etc? They don't exactly do a lot of damage, so they're not a real big deal, but it feels like they get more free hits in than most.

Edited by Daeval

I assure you, play it on a harder difficulty. You ain't a real doomer unless you're playing on Ultra Violent.

Playing on anything else is like an Imp just saying hello.

Playing it on recruit, the Imp's just stand there waiting to get shot.

Best experience is from Nightmare, but you can only get it by beating the game once or changing a few files around.

I assure you, play it on a harder difficulty. You ain't a real doomer unless you're playing on Ultra Violent.

Playing on anything else is like an Imp just saying hello.

Playing it on recruit, the Imp's just stand there waiting to get shot.

Haha, I almost started with Ultra Violence, as that's what I used to play Doom 1/2 on, but opted for Marine instead. I just got to the Revenants and so far I'm averaging full health and armor, so I may play it through a second time on UV or Nightmare.

I have heard MP is basic, but it grows on you. It is very different to other MP games, because the pace is slower.

By far the most interesting comment I've heard about MP is that you can hide in the shadows and kill oblivious people, Thief/Manhunt style. I'd like to see that! That would be cool fun!