Doom 3 requirements problem

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier people were talking about running to many processes...I was noticing my processes running and i have like 32-33 I knew at one time I was only running 21, I ran adware and norton didnt pick up anything....I also did msconfig and turned off most of my start up processes

my question is does anyone know any sites that or just flat out know what process you need to run and which ones you can turn of?

thanks'

hell id even post them here if that would be easier....

Edited by PLasticSlug

I did a defrag, turned off some processes, and went from playing it on low quality and 800 X whatever resolution to being able to play it on high setting on a low resolution doesnt sound right with such a big jump, but i guess a defrag really does speed up your computer.

well i tested the game on my dual p3 1ghz with 1280mb of sd-ram and gf4 440 mx card (crappy) and it played bad even on low settings :)

I could be wrong, but it's probably not designed to take advantage of dual processors, so you're essentially running it on a P3 1GHz with a low-end video card and a dumptruck full of RAM. ;)

yes you're right. the only game i can think that actually had support for dual processors was quake 3 which was by luck hehe but even that game didn't look as pretty as it should with this crappy card but at least it didnt act choppy as doom 3 did for me

Carmack said that the Dual CPU thing is just plain bad because it requires 2 types of code to go in and out, sure, their's "H.T."(referring to Intel's Hyper Threading and AMD's Hyper Trasnport) technology out, but that runs on SLI then the much different Dual CPU's code.

Quake 3 wasn't that great on Dual CPU IMO.

Side note: ULTRA QUALITY WOOT WOOT! FOR MEH! Only lag when I open doors!

Side note: ULTRA QUALITY WOOT WOOT! FOR MEH! Only lag when I open doors!

If you are running with Ultra Quality then I MIGHT be able to play it somewhat decently. I'll probably have like a 10 fps difference though... :)