Anyone playing KOF Maximum Impact already?

L.S.D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wish i was good at kof, thats my only hope for someone to teach me how to pull of moves. i am really good at sf, marvel and tekken games but not kof  :unsure:

someone teach me plz  :P

If you have Xbox get this game it comes out next month then we can play on Live

I have the same user name.....

i wish i was good at kof, thats my only hope for someone to teach me how to pull of moves. i am really good at sf, marvel and tekken games but not kof  :unsure:

if ur good at those games, executing KOF moves should be no problem. to me, in my opnion, the complexity comes from the combos. its a lot more, i guess technical? compared to sf or marvel or whatever where the combos are more looose and free. u can really improve ur gamin skills if u can play KOF well enough..

King of Fighters is Exlcusive to PS2 until furter notice. Link to info xbox.

i wish i was good at kof, thats my only hope for someone to teach me how to pull of moves. i am really good at sf, marvel and tekken games but not kof  :D

someone teach me plz  :ph34r:

King of Fighters is Exlcusive to PS2 until furter notice. Link to info xbox.

Yeah I was mistaken

i wish i was good at kof, thats my only hope for someone to teach me how to pull of moves. i am really good at sf, marvel and tekken games but not kof  :D

someone teach me plz  :ph34r:

if ur good at those games, executing KOF moves should be no problem. to me, in my opnion, the complexity comes from the combos. its a lot more, i guess technical? compared to sf or marvel or whatever where the combos are more looose and free. u can really improve ur gamin skills if u can play KOF well enough..

The way this game plays is a lot diffrent from what you think,

each character has there own set off punch kick button combinations

which can give you the player a huge set of fighting options,....

the only thing in this game that I dont like is the annoying tournament annoucer that shows up between battles.....

If you're interested in story, '97 is probably the best of the three, as it introduces the New Face Team (or New Band Team) story arc. But really, you're better of just reading a story FAQ. You'd have to beat it with every odd combination of characters to get any real depth out of the story anyway.

Now, if you're interested in gameplay, I'd say start with '98. I started with that one and it's still one of my favorites. The character lineup is just about perfect for a new player. It has all of the mainstay characters of the series, the newer ones that you'll want to be familiar with, and even brings back a few characters that oldschool fans of the series will be familiar with (USA Team anyone?). This puts you on pretty solid ground for recognizing 95% of the characters in the series so far.

It's important to note that the KOF games move in "story arcs," and that "story" characters seem to come and go from the series. The New Face Team, for example, introduced in '97, is gone in '99, replaced by the Hero Team characters that will be prevalent in the next few games. However, every few games a "Dream Match" game is released where lost or deceased characters return. In 2002, for example, the New Face Team returns. So, it's good to be well-versed in even the older characters. Plus, they're fun. :angry: