Anyone playing KOF Maximum Impact already?

L.S.D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played this game at E3 and it was so-so from my brief experience.  Somehow, it lost the "rythm" of KOF combat in the transition to 3D.  It felt "stiff" like many of the early 3D fighters from other companies.  It might stand on its own legs once I get used to the new flow of things, assuming there is one.  I'll probably play it either way.  :(

Can you describe more to us how it played please?

Plays like 2k2 execpt with 8way.

I have to disagree... 2K2 is one of my favorites in the series specifically because I like the way the timing feels. 2K2 feels almost street-fighter-ey in terms of looseness, compared to some of the other KOFs, and MI was not like that. That's not to say it's inherently worse, it's just different. The jumping in particular felt faster, like a 3D fighter, than the loose and airy jumps 2D fans are used to.

Someone pointed out that the version at E3 was only like 70% done, and it did say that. Regardless, it looked really good and played like a finished game, albiet with missing characters. It was fun, and I plan to pick it up when it hits the states. However, I'm pretty comfortable saying that you shouldn't expect it to play exactly like another KOF but with 3D graphics. I could be wrong, but that was not my initial impression.

Coming from others, you can hit some of Iori's basic 2k2 combos in it. Kinda like that crappy Neowave.