..:: Proposed Upcoming Rule Changes ::..

That much is pretty apparent, but since these changes are gonna be implimented anyway then it doesn't matter. But I agree that in trying to make this site more acceptable to the more diehard side of the emu community, just for the sake of some affiliates, then we may lose our identity altogether and just become another emufanatics clone. Then again, maybe it'll be the best thing to do for the future of the site. It's too hard to say until the deed is done. Only time will tell.

As I said before, we won't be able to be affiliates with the sites I listed even with the new rules. This is mostly so people don't have to hesitate to post a link to 1Emulation on another emulation website. However, we will never stop working for affiliation as time progresses since with more honor, there will be more glory for the future. We have devised a plan for 1Emu v3.0 which will keep 1Emulation fully alive. Infact, I myself have already started working all day on it.

well i'm ok with the rules as it was been in talks for a month or so now but one thing that wasn't mentioned was direct link, will that be gone or just cleaned up or be to premium members only like rom request?

The direct link you are mentioning will most likely be removed. We will still think about it more though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support the rules :(

Now if you cannot finds rom then your not looking hard enough. I have nearly 5000 roms and most of them never ever came from a link on a forum.

Emulation Forums are about people who want to get involved in discussions not to come and ask for roms then never be seen until they need a rom again.

If roms are needed then send a private message or post patches.I rather a forum where I can read and talk about emulation not just to come and ask for roms.

James

Edited by James

I think this is a great step for 1emulation ;)

I do, however, feel that allowing "Premium" members a special section for Illegal material is not the best way to go about things.

I think this is a great step for 1emulation :) 

I do, however, feel that allowing "Premium" members a special section  for Illegal material is not the best way to go about things.

Then how would you change things?

people need to admit that if it wasnt for emulation going to its extremes (new neogeo games, GBA, early N64 and PSX emulation, etc), emulation wouldnt be as popular as it is now. i doubt the community would be as this huge either.

this is why i dont mind the small community incase of the change. its more probably what emu community could've been to begin with.