..:: Proposed Upcoming Rule Changes ::..

Rule/Forum Changes

1) Remove the Rom Request Forum

- We have worked on this, the best thing to think about now is Premium Member status (100 Posts or more).

2) Remove the EmuNet Forums

- A brand new website will be made and everything will be moved there.

3) Remove any other illegal material

- Anything that is currently on page 1 in all forums will be scanned and previous pages.

4) Remove GameShare system

- Has been removed.

5) No rom links will be allowed to be posted in the forums and no requesting of roms will be permitted.

- Look at the rule change #1.

6) No linking to illegal emulation sites.

- All forums will be scanned and of course anything that is currently on pages and previous pages.

Why are we doing this?

We think it will help 1Emulation grow with a better supporting community and it will really bring us closer to the core of the emulation scene. We'll keep working as hard as we can to make 1Emulation the best emulation site there ever will be.

1Emulation is also a company and I can't get risked being sued or warned by other companies. We don't want the users of 1Emulation to have to get banned or warned for posting a link to us on another site. We want to keep 1Emulation as legal as possible. The high majority of our staff has agreed with these rule changes and EmuFanatics, EmuTalk, ExEmu, as well as other websites will allow the posting of the link to 1Emulation.com after this rule change.

With the upcoming 1Emulation v3.0, we promise that you will have nothing to worry about when it comes to the future of this site. There has been a lot of preparation involved for this in my part which has been mainly taking time off the site and getting to know more emulation developers and site owners. We don't want 1Emulation to be just another emulator site. With ingenuity and lots of sketching of 1Emulation v3.0, we'll be able to come back on top in the emulation scene which will forever be our goal. All of this is to make 1Emulation better, not worse. We know it will be hard to accept some of these new rules that will be put in place, but please do not leave 1Emulation because of them.

Some of you may think it is sad that we are kneeling down to these rules that have been used time and time again. It is true, we never wanted these rule changes initially. However, after I myself went deeper into the scene, I finally understood why. Don't think I understood it fully because I sure as hell didn't. We improvised and you'll see soon how we will keep it still under their borders.

Unfortunatelly our dream has always been to become partners with most of the site names we have listed above. They have denied affiliation all because of the way we have improvised the rules which some have been used by the official zSNES website. We will never stop fighting for affiliation. If you can't beat them, join them.

If you trust us, you will stay and see what we will continue to offer and more. We will never break this promise and quite frankly, we guarentee it.

Lastly, the Premium Members status will still be there with some changes.

Don't ever forget about the PM (Private Message) option.

»»» This will take effect on Sunday, August 8, 2004 «««

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didn't you ask "The People" first if they'd like the new rules?

We have spoken to many people already and they have agreed by them.

Don't think we just made this up in 1 day.

As long as Rom Requests is not completely removed, everything is ok. The only reason I joined this site instead of the other ones you mentioned was because of the Rom Request forum. I don't even think I requested a rom there but I liked the fact that people could ask for roms in the open, because let's face it, we all have roms and we all got them from some not so legal places.

Luckily, I have just enough posts to be a premium member so I will able to request roms.

Sorry n00bs, you'll have to either make 100 posts here or get your fix elsewhere.

what exctly is illegal material, does that mean somthing talk about somthing like doom 3 being released on the net, or when SS5 special gets released would we be able to talk about that? What are some examples from previous post that we now wont be able to talk about.

I guess what im trying to say are we being censored about talking about illegal material or providing it.

can we post somthing like pm me for the link???

Edited by PLasticSlug

Luckily, I have just enough posts to be a premium member so I will able to request roms.

"Just enough"? :unsure: Well ok, it's enough anyways.

Edited by Agozer

I really hope that's not illegal. As I see it, this isn't a really big change if you're already a Premium member. There isn't THAT much illegal chatter going around here and there are other ways to communicate with one another. :unsure:

what exctly is illegal material, does that mean somthing talk about somthing like doom 3 being released on the net, or when SS5 special gets released would we be able to talk about that? What are some examples from previous post that we now wont be able to talk about.

I guess what im trying to say are we being censored about talking about illegal material or providing it.   

Providing it. :unsure:

EDIT: With the "PM me for the link", we have to think about that.

As for the Premium Members status, this problem won't exist.

I am very happy with all of the new rule changes. It will help prevent all the one time posters and guest coming here just for a rom and leaving and never showing any appreciation what so ever. All the changes seem necessary to me. What ever it takes to help 1emulation grow and become an even better emulation site. If that’s possible since it is already the best.