Shenmue online

Fianlly a new Shenmue game is in the works. It's an MMORPG for the PC! I am so excited for this game. Never been so hyped for a game in my life!

http://shenmue.joycity.com/online.asp

http://www.gamesasylum.com/showarticle.php?articleID=3173

The only gripe i have is that it looks liek they can shoot fire balls or something now. If thats the case than it will kill the game.

Shenmueonlinechar.jpg

03082004161358-3.jpg

Judging by the first pic i posted it seems like there is some sort of a create a character in the game. One can only hope. Looks like I am about to become a hardcore PC gamer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shenmue Online is MMO Action RPG in which tens of thousands of players will participate

in the virtual world of Shenmue staged in China including Hong Kong in 1980’s. Players,

acting as militants, will use mysterious powers, kung-fu, Chinese weapons and Qigong in

real-time fight-action."

So does that mean there will be character creation?

I hope players can fight each other, organize tournaments, trade items, teach each other moves etc... If so than it will be the best online game ever. Of course there is other stuff I would like to have implemented. But that’s what just came off the top of my head.

i dunno... the greatest part of Shenmue besides the 'living world' aspect was the story. making it an MMORPG consciously pushes the story to the side - maybe as a side-story it might work, or else they could just call it something else? other than that it looks awesome, but not my cup of tea. I'm still waiting for a new Zone of the Enders with something like online 4 on 4 deathmatch... :)

edit - stupid smilies

Edited by darkmage479