fbaxxx 8.02

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, did you enable the new sets in the fbaxxx.ini file? After you have run FBAXXX once, FTP into your XBox and find that ini file in the "ini" folder.

Look for a line that says:

bDisableLocked 1

Change the '1' to a '0' and that will enable the new sets. Now, do you plan to use RomCenter or ClrMAMEPro to check your ROMS? FBAXXX creates DATS for those when youlaunch it for the first time, but the first time you launch it you do not have the new sets anabled so they do not appear in the DATS. You need to FTP to you XBox and delete the DATS it created. Then restart FBAXXX after you have also enabled the new sets and it will make new DATS... these DATS will include information for the new sets.

Oh I finally got it working on the latest version.

The problem is that I was only trying the Mame Dump version since that version plays all my other roms perfect.

...and the Mame Dump version does not recognize kof2k3 as a valid rom name.

However default.xbe does and it plays the rom just fine.

well i got everything clmamed in the latest release but a few issues...3\4 kof 2003 sets arent working and rage of the dragons is missing...but thats not from the mame dump set...just the regular default.xbe

or am i wrong?

First, did you enable the new sets in the fbaxxx.ini file?  After you have run FBAXXX once, FTP into your XBox and find that ini file in the "ini" folder. 

Look for a line that says:

bDisableLocked 1

Change the '1' to a '0' and that will enable the new sets.  Now, do you plan to use RomCenter or ClrMAMEPro to check your ROMS?  FBAXXX creates DATS for those when youlaunch it for the first time, but the first time you launch it you do not have the new sets anabled so they do not appear in the DATS.  You need to FTP to you XBox and delete the DATS it created.  Then restart FBAXXX after you have also enabled the new sets and it will make new DATS... these DATS will include information for the new sets.

cool i'll try it tomorrow

sammaz check Vegeta's screen shot. Make sure your roms match those and that the rom name is kof2k3.zip

It should work with the latest fba-xxx using the default.xbe

Now Rage of the dragons works fine using the Mame Dump version

I use this set

rotd.JPG

Edited by saulin

U can notice rotd (parent set) & rotdn don't use 264-m1 but only 264-m1d if U open default(mame dump).xbe.

Also, here 'R some legal NeoGeo for FBA cheats (until kof 2000) non-mame.ini names (but they can work with mame dump compatible xbe if U rename the name of the.ini like the mame romset name).

Edited by Mr.X

Since this new rule change is in effect does that mean that if prican makes his compile he cant tell us that he did?

well theres a good thing about fba and thats the fact that its open source. so for me to release my compile i must make the source availible as well which wasn't a prob for me.

plain and simple, i can say that i made one but you'll have to ask me where to get it :)

as of right now i havent touched the latest source so don't expect it any time soon, been busy trying to clean out this hdd for clean install which is quite over due hehe

sweet, I can wait for the compile since the new fbaxxx seems to be giving everyone some kind of wierd problem. maybe Ill mess with it a llil to see whats goin on with it. off topic but I hope avalaunch makes their defrag program soon cuz I think all deleting and transferring of movies for xbmc is slowing my box down. sounds like you need it too prican :)