Connection your box to your PC

someboddy

Do you use an ordinary internet cable, or do you need a special device?

Do you need to install a special program on your PC?

I guess U already have a modded X-Box, or using an exploit :

If U don't have HUB, connect a simple crossover cable RJ45 to Ur PC & X-Box

On the PC, U can use FTP soft like FlashFXP or SmartFTP etc.

Edited by Mr.X

This is probably the best setup you can use as far as getting your PC connected to xbox (via FTP) and for XBC. I have 2 NICs, one ethernet 10/100 and one PCI slot--PCI slot NIC is is ran from the back of the comp with an RJ-45 CROSSOVER(!!!) cable, while the internet is ran through the ethernet, on a star Cat-5 patch cable (should've came with modem). Easiest way to get XBC going as no need for a router(I still have ANOTHER NIC hanging around). If you need anymore help with network setup, go to www.xbchelp.com...that also explains the setup I'm currently using (which I think in their terms it's Setup C). Hope that helps a little more.

• 2 weeks later...
Can I use a system link cable for this?

Yes you can if your connecting directly from pc to xbox.

No you can't actually. If you're connecting to a HUB or a router, yes, but directly from PC to XBOX you MUST use a RJ45 CROSSOVER(!!) cable...can't stress that enough. Go to your local electronics store (Radioshack, Circuit City) and they're like 10 bucks depending on where you get it.

*edit* check www.xbchelp.com for the correct network setup for the devices you have.

Edited by BIGWORM