What will the next big system be PS3 or x box 2??

XXLEnigma

I wonder who out of these 2 top big boy game companys will be on top in the next round of system wars, I know ps2 is winning this war compared to the xbox, and I have a feeling it will win the whole darn war but the xbox will gain some fuel, and fan base the second coming, that just me in my opinion. The xbox if it continues buying it's competition out like it has been as of late, mircosoft mite just bye it's way to the top, which would kinda suck, but hey all is fair in love, and war right?

Also if you noticed I did not add the next Nintendo system here because even though I am almost positive there will be a new Nintendo system hitting the market. I just don't see it as a valid player for the top ranking spot anytime soon. Hopefully now with the new leadership behind the great company it wont lose any of its charm but improve where it can be a front line fighter once again in the system wars.

probably the ps3 will be the next one out, i think i heard christmas 2003, but thats just me guessing. :D as for nintendo, ive always been a HUGE fan, and a loyal one at that. now that sega isnt putting out anymore consoles, its nintendo all the way for me! :D no matter what, im not about to sell it out now or ever, thats a fact jack. :P:lol: but i do agree, nintendo will probably come in last, thats just being realistic. i just hope they dont through in the towel because of it and stop making consoles. GOD, THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE!!!!! :cry::cry: microsoft will try try try, to get in first place, spending as much money and buying out as many game developers as possable, but will most likely come in second. that leaves sony coming in first. aside from nintendo, i think they are the most disearving of the bunch.

but whoever wins, its going to be intresting. not just the competition side of it, but the systems themselves. :D man...its going to be something. :):wink:

I think Xbox 2 will be the next big console release. Basically because Xbox will find it hard to recover from the awful start it has had. Although the rumours that Microsoft might buy Sega have given it a big boost.

The PS3 will be out soon after though. I however expect SOny to milk the PS2 for all it's worth, so maybe it won't come out till 2004-05. I don't like the PS2 much but GTA: Vice City is one of the most fun things I have played in a long time. They took GTA3 and got rid of what I didn't like about it and replaced it with stuff I love. Shame it is PS2 exclusive for the next couple of years because I refuse to buy a PAL PS2 (they suck big time) and I can't afford an NTSC one at the moment.

Nintendo will probably be the last to release a new next gen console. There could be a new handheld in the near future though. I am *really* interested to see what the "Megaton" thing is. Some people say Nintendo merging with Sega (*drools*) other people say something to do with pokemon and others like me, just have to wait and see. Either way, I know it's going to be special :evil:

• 3 weeks later...
I think Xbox 2 will be the next big console release. Basically because Xbox will find it hard to recover from the awful start it has had. Although the rumours that Microsoft might buy Sega have given it a big boost.

The PS3 will be out soon after though. I however expect SOny to milk the PS2 for all it's worth, so maybe it won't come out till 2004-05. I don't like the PS2 much but GTA: Vice City is one of the most fun things I have played in a long time. They took GTA3 and got rid of what I didn't like about it and replaced it with stuff I love. Shame it is PS2 exclusive for the next couple of years because I refuse to buy a PAL PS2 (they suck big time) and I can't afford an NTSC one at the moment.

Nintendo will probably be the last to release a new next gen console. There could be a new handheld in the near future though. I am *really* interested to see what the "Megaton" thing is. Some people say Nintendo merging with Sega (*drools*) other people say something to do with pokemon and others like me, just have to wait and see. Either way, I know it's going to be special  :x

Man could you guys imagine the POWER the xbox 2 will be carrying underneat the plastic, I mean you know that the ps3 will come out next, then the xbox.

• 4 weeks later...

yeah, i read an artical recently that stated nintendo will be releasing their next console sometime in 2005, apparently in accordance with the release dates of the other two consoles from sony and microsuck. when i find more info, i will post it here.

I think Xbox2 will be the leader in terms of hardware capablities but as far as games go...I think PS3 will have the edge there unless M$ buys some more good game developers.

Well MS have bought Rare which has given them access to a few good exclusives:

Perfect Dark Zero

Conkers Other Bad Fur Day

Kameo: Elements of Power

Banjoe Kazooie 3

Some unknown Racing Title

Then there was the interesting news this week about MS trying to buy Vivendi's game division which would give them exclusive rights to games like Warcraft, Starcraft, Counterstrike, Half Life 2, Diablo, Spyro, Icewind Dale, The Thing, No One Lives Forever, Baldurs Gate, Ground Control, Dark Angel, Dark Age of Camelot, Alien vs Predator, Crash Bandicoot, Malice, Men of Valour(sequel to medal of honour), Tribes, Team Fortress 2, & Empire Earth plus a few others.

I don't know whether that is a good thing or quite scary :P but If MS do buy Vivendi Universal then it will signal thier intent to be the big (or at least clear 2nd)players in the video games industry.

• 4 months later...

Since ps3 will be coming out first i think that the biggest hype will be toward that area. Then when xbox 2 comes out people will be too tired to hype about that system when they already have a playstation

It's going to be the PS3. The games they have are awesome, and they have the title to FF(the biggest game line in the U.S., if not the world). Plus, they have alot of other cool games. But why did sony give up the rights to Resident Evil? That was an awesome game, and I was dissapointed when the next one came out on gamecube. And one thing I would like to see is a new Chrono Trigger:)

PC > Xbox 2 + GameSquared + PS3 :lol:

Otherwise, I'll say Ps3. being a loyal playstation fan because I always figured it like this.

PS = Fighting & RPG

Gamecube = Multiplayer

Xbox = All the fancy junk

Thus, I like PS the most but its really helpful to have a nintendo console on your hand when you're throwing a party :lol: