Do you play any TCGs?

Do you play any Trading Card Games?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually did give Duel Masters a try. A kid's parent brought them back to my store, trying to return them under the "I don't want him having these!" excuse, which obviously didn't fly, so I was left with them. It is a little like magic, but it seems far too oversimplified. The way "mana" works was an interesting change, and the "sheild" concept was OK, but it just wasn't complex enough. I played Blue in magic during Blue's heyday (just after Legends, lots of complicated control and clone type cards) and DM felt like it catered far too much to the big-creatures and direct damage type decks that had been so overpowered and strategy-less in Magic.

Maybe after a few expansions it'll be decent.

Oh, and the art is too anime-inspired. Magic was unique because of the variety of styles. A lot of the old stuff was even traditionally painted art.

Edited by Daeval

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember how I loved to create all sorts of decks for Magic. There was the blue mana oriented "Lock Down" deck with the focus centering around the Winter Orb artifact cards.

There was a speed deck using mainly green mana spells; basic theme revolved around summoning a ton of low-spell cost creatures early in battle, and after I've had a horde of them on the field, I'd destory all the lands so my opponent's options would be cut off while I pound him down with my summoned creatures.

It's been hella long since I played, but I don't want to burn money on all the expansions -- company getting too greedy as someone pointed out.