Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle

the only thing I didn't like about Cheech and Chong was Cheech. That guy was a little too....stereotypical :/

I thought that was kind of the point? They were your "typical" stoners, but with blunts the size of a small car. :D

'':P

nevermind

Or were you referring to the ethnic stereotype? But yeah, I get that too, but I don't feel bad about it since he wrote his own character.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Half Baked is up there too.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is up there too because you HAVE to be stoned in order to enjoy that movie. :P

Not really.

You just have to read the book 6 times within a two-week time frame, then rent the movie. Reading the book first makes you appreciate the movie more, but it's really one of those things that doesn't work nearly as well on the big screen.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is up there too because you HAVE to be stoned in order to enjoy that movie. :P

Not really.

You just have to read the book 6 times within a two-week time frame, then rent the movie. Reading the book first makes you appreciate the movie more, but it's really one of those things that doesn't work nearly as well on the big screen.

Yeah, that's what people say. I haven't read the book so I didn't fully appreciate it. I just saw it in an altered state of mind. :D

"Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming: Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?"

Not really.

Yeah, that's what people say. I haven't read the book so I didn't fully appreciate it. I just saw it in an altered state of mind. :D

"Suddenly, there was a terrible roar all around us, and the sky was full with what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, and a voice was screaming: Holy Jesus. What are these goddamn animals?"

"We can't stop here, this is bat country!

Have you guys seen 'where the buffalo roam"? It's another movie about Hunter S. Thompson - only this time he's played by bill murry! :(

I gotta check some of these movies out. I've only seen Cheech and Chong, which are the greatest stoner movies ever.

I don't to drugs. But god it's just so funny watching these types of films.

the only thing I didn't like about Cheech and Chong was Cheech. That guy was a little too....stereotypical :/

I thought that was kind of the point? They were your "typical" stoners, but with blunts the size of a small car. :D

'':(

nevermind

Or were you referring to the ethnic stereotype? But yeah, I get that too, but I don't feel bad about it since he wrote his own character.

I was never one to get mad at that because of Chong since he was the stereotypical stoner white hippie

but Cheech though, my mom would get all pissed. She's all "ayy...he makes us mexicans look bad"

I'm just there watching all..."err...yeah, ok, but what about Chong :P "

her: "achh...pinche hippie"

:D

One of the few films that star Asian actors.

WORD

also a movie that has no martial arts in it as well :P

One of the few films that star Asian actors.

WORD

also a movie that has no martial arts in it as well :P

Something tells me asiansploitation is more like it. Judging by their advertising, these two were chosen because someone thought it would be funnier if two asian guys got stoned and did stupid things.

And there may not be any martial arts, but I'm pretty sure they get a cheetah high. :D