Thunderbirds !

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the horrible t.v. shows. "Thunderbirds are go!" or something like that. :/

Blah! Captain Planet rules all! No cartoon series can rival it in terms of corniness and stupidity -- it tries to take itself so seriously with its "messages" to kids, and yet at the same time it is riddled with holes and reasoning of a mental retard. And that's why it is a goldmine of comedy and bliss!

I remember the horrible t.v. shows. "Thunderbirds are go!" or something like that. :/

Blah! Captain Planet rules all! No cartoon series can rival it in terms of corniness and stupidity -- it tries to take itself so seriously with its "messages" to kids, and yet at the same time it is riddled with holes and reasoning of a mental retard. And that's why it is a goldmine of comedy and bliss!

Don't forget kids...

captain-afro-2.gif

Note that I'm not a TB fan at all.  That said, I'll stick to pointing out the obvious.

--The first sign that this movie will suck:  Involvement of a Marketing Department.

It's Thunderbirds with human beings for actors.  Well, provided you can call what will be seen "acting."

--Does it look anything like "Spy Kids?"

Yes.  Yes it does.  Therefore it will suck horribly, as it's made only to impress snot-nosed, noise-making brats with it's horribly weak teaser/trailer.  These brats will then insist that their parents take them to see it.  And we all know who runs the house these days... kids.  Kids with Yu-Gi-Oh cards and every iteration of Pokemon under the sun.  Kids who deserve to be tied to a tree and beaten severely.

--Does it look anything like "Scooby Doo?"

Yes.  See the above paragraph, I'm gonna save some typing.  More money for Hollywood makes shareholders happy. Flock quality with a steel pole from a chain-link fence welded onto a jackhammer. (and very hard, too!)

Meh, I'm sure I could be a little more observant/cynical about this, but there's really no need to.  Enjoy the show.  :P

Very true that, but given that case - why remake a TV show from the 70s to appeal to 5-year old kids? It doesn't make much sense from a marketing standpoint to me

Note that I'm not a TB fan at all.  That said, I'll stick to pointing out the obvious.

--The first sign that this movie will suck:  Involvement of a Marketing Department.

It's Thunderbirds with human beings for actors.  Well, provided you can call what will be seen "acting."

Yes.  Yes it does.  Therefore it will suck horribly, as it's made only to impress snot-nosed, noise-making brats with it's horribly weak teaser/trailer.  These brats will then insist that their parents take them to see it.  And we all know who runs the house these days... kids.  Kids with Yu-Gi-Oh cards and every iteration of Pokemon under the sun.  Kids who deserve to be tied to a tree and beaten severely.

Yes.  See the above paragraph, I'm gonna save some typing.  More money for Hollywood makes shareholders happy. Flock quality with a steel pole from a chain-link fence welded onto a jackhammer. (and very hard, too!)

Meh, I'm sure I could be a little more observant/cynical about this, but there's really no need to.  Enjoy the show.  :P

Very true that, but given that case - why remake a TV show from the 70s to appeal to 5-year old kids? It doesn't make much sense from a marketing standpoint to me

Because most kids won't know it's from the 70's, and even though they hear remarks and comments from their parent's they'll still want to go see it.

The only reason this movie was made was to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. The Thunderbirds property was there, so that saved someone the trouble of thinking of a time/place/stuff. All that's needed now is a cheap plot riddled with holes and some dumb teenagers desperate to start an acting career, and some dumb execs to green-light it.

Because most kids won't know it's from the 70's, and even though they hear remarks and comments from their parent's they'll still want to go see it.

The only reason this movie was made was to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. The Thunderbirds property was there, so that saved someone the trouble of thinking of a time/place/stuff. All that's needed now is a cheap plot riddled with holes and some dumb teenagers desperate to start an acting career, and some dumb execs to green-light it.

Very well put :lol: