what are your phobias?

never seen killbill series.. dont know whats so great about it..i think its like how people are hyped about halo.. <_<

Kill Bill series is great. You can't say "what's so great about it" if you haven't seen it.

well isn't the whole story basically about a women avenging her fathers death or somethign??

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kill Bill (IMO) = Tarantino's tribute to asian action movies, which would have been 2x better if left to the hands of the actual asian action movie people.

It was ok, but being Tarantino, was decidedly lacking in the subtlety that makes those overseas films so great. And while American critics and fans go crazy over the fight scenes, they were filmed in a decidedly American style. IE one or two chops, then cut to next clip, one or two chops, repeat ad naseum.

It's worth seeing once, just as an oddity (The anime part was cool, etc). Whether you feel compelled to see it again will probably depend on whether or not you liked Pulp Fiction, as Kill Bill fits nicely into the "Tarantino Films" category.

Pfft, Kill Bill Vol.1 has Sonny Chiba in it. Badass already with just him in it.

REALLY???? i never seen those movies before...not yet at least..wow...he is great man~! i loved him in "Born to be King" the sixth young and dangerous film. totally fantastic.

Pfft, Kill Bill Vol.1 has Sonny Chiba in it. Badass already with just him in it.

Eh, one cool actor in what amounts to a bit-part does not a good film make. It does, however, make a good cheap attempt at "street cred." Forgive me, I'm probably the only young-adult in America who thinks Tarantino is a hack. <_<

Eh, one cool actor in what amounts to a bit-part does not a good film make. It does, however, make a good cheap attempt at "street cred." Forgive me, I'm probably the only young-adult in America who thinks Tarantino is a hack. <_<

Tarantino can make the hackiest movies ever but he will never be a hack for one reason, Pulp Fiction.

Kill Bill "Volumes" are just 1 movie split up. :\

Watch them together without the intro to Volume 2.

I've seen both loved the first one, not a big fan of the second (it was ok). the first one had the cool little anime scene (i recognized the actor that played bill from the anime) and the music that playedas the crazy 88 came to that restaurant was awesome. i went out and got the music!!

Eh, one cool actor in what amounts to a bit-part does not a good film make.  It does, however, make a good cheap attempt at "street cred."  Forgive me, I'm probably the only young-adult in America who thinks Tarantino is a hack.   :lol:

YOU FAIL TO UNDERSTAND THE OWNAGE THAT IS CHIBA!!!!!

Plus his character's name is Hattori Hanzo. OWN! And makes badass swords of deAth. OWN!

It's 1 movie though...O_o

Everyone hates technical bullsh<BEEP!>t. It's 2 movies cuz I have to buy 2 DVDs to watch 2/3s of this "1 movie". My style done.

Edited by Skythe