what are your phobias?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I purposely breed spiders in my room. What's with you guys?

I'm afraid of yellow.

Yellow?!? <_<

Does that mean that when I show you something in yellow colour, you will run like hell??

I involuntarily breed spiders in my room, apparently, even though I smash them all the time. They just get in here by the thousands and bite the hell out of me in my sleep. My GF and I have decided I must be some kind of spider delicacy. Thankfully, I don't have an irrational fear of spiders.

I do have, however, a slight fear of heights (I don't like balconies higher than about the fourth floor).

And also some weird combination of "Bathophobia," fear of depths, and "Ichthyophobia," fear of fishes. Fish are cool, and water is cool, but put me in a body of water that's kind of deep, especially if I can't see through it, and I freak out. It's not that I think the water is going to suck me down or anything, so I always figured it must be some irrational fear of "things" in the water that I can't see or effectively face, hence the ichthy part. Extremely large aquarium tanks make me uncomfortable too, especially if populated with groupers, large, basically harmless fish that have always looked to me like the fish version of the undead.

It's been forever since I checked out The Phobia List. You guys have to admit, there's some classic stuff at that site. Here's some of the ones that made me chuckle:

Bums or beggars- Hobophobia.

Dreams, wet- Oneirogmophobia.

Englishness- Anglophobia.

Erect censor- Medorthophobia.

Erection, losing an- Medomalacuphobia.

Everything- Panophobia, Panphobia, Pamphobia, or Pantophobia.

France or French culture- Francophobia, Gallophobia or Galiphobia.

Learning- Sophophobia.

Looking up- Anablephobia or Anablepophobia.

Money- Chrometophobia or Chrematophobia.

People in general or society- Sociophobia.

Politicians- Politicophobia.

Pope- Papaphobia.

Self, being oneself- Autophobia.

Thinking- Phronemophobia.

Virgins or young girls- Parthenophobia.

Yellow color- Xanthophobia.

Of course, those are just a few of the highlights.

I purposely breed spiders in my room. What's with you guys?

I'm afraid of yellow.

Yellow?!? <_<

Does that mean that when I show you something in yellow colour, you will run like hell??

In small amounts is fine. Like these smilies :blink::angry::angry::angry: is fine.

I just get really uncomfortable if there are a lot of yellow -- like a big room with yellow wallpapers everywhere. In that case, I'd probably want to get out of there asap.

never seen killbill series.. dont know whats so great about it..i think its like how people are hyped about halo.. <_<

Kill Bill series is great. You can't say "what's so great about it" if you haven't seen it.

Im a big Homo phobic. meaning I dont like to be around gay people. unless its a pretty gay girl. gay guys is the ewwww, gay girls is the ahhhhhh