Venustraphobia

Vestiphobia

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a fear of spiders. Bad.

A few months ago, I was chatting on the internet, late at night, and my room was dark. It was a hot summer night, so all I had on was boxer shorts. And I feel something on my thigh. I look down from the keyboard, and vaguely, in the darkness, saw the outline of a big black spider, crawling across my lap!!! I swatted it away, and fled like hell. I have never been so scared in my life. In my escape, I put a nasty gash on my leg when it scratched my desk. The spider didn't fair well - as I pushed off my desk chair, it fell off, and the wheels beneath the desk chair crushed it.

I barely will go 5 metres close to spiders, and I had one on my lap. Sheesh.

A few months ago, I was chatting on the internet, late at night, and my room was dark. It was a hot summer night, so all I had on was boxer shorts. And I feel something on my thigh. I look down from the keyboard, and vaguely, in the darkness, saw the outline of a big black spider, crawling across my lap!!! I swatted it away, and fled like hell. I have never been so scared in my life. In my escape, I put a nasty gash on my leg when it scratched my desk. The spider didn't fair well - as I pushed off my desk chair, it fell off, and the wheels beneath the desk chair crushed it.

Wow, that's interesting.

But a normal people's reaction would be same as you, I think.

if they are surprised by bugs or anything....

I think spiders are so cool...but in contrast, I fear/hate any insect that stings or bites.

I have gurlie phobias, lol.

Huh?!? :blink:

How come you still has gurlie dancing in your sig then?

I have phobia of heights.

Not like that you idiot! I mean that the things that might creep me out or whatever are gurlie, like me being a pus in other words. <_<

I have a phobia for dogs which is cynophobia.

Hey, know that you mentioned it, I have that too. I mean I don't hate dogs or anything, I just steer clear of Doberman's and such...

I've very sensetive to loud noises, so barking creeps me out.

I'm with you guys.

I don't like dogs when I'm out working, because they tend to want to bite people.

I used to have this big thing about spiders, and still kind of do, but then I started just killing them in my insomnia days, and now that's the conditioned response.

Wow, that's interesting.

I think any guy who DIDN'T freak out when a spider was less than a foot away from their "meat and two veg" have already been neutered! <_<

edit: especially when they're not wearing any pants!

Edited by random guy

Wow, that's interesting.

I think any guy who DIDN'T freak out when a spider was less than a foot away from their "meat and two veg" have already been neutered! <_<

edit: especially when they're not wearing any pants!

LOL, you are right.

People would also jump when a cat just brush past their legs :blink: