just wanted to know about wince in dc

since the dreamcast sect has been dead for a few days i figure id ask about the windows ce of dreamcast ive heard its embedded but ive heard some say that its more like the gamecube and the windows ce is in the gamedisk.if it is embedded how come games made for it doesnt run as good as games made with the dreamcast os.ive heard the ce games run in direct x 6 standard.

I'ts not that games don't run as good when developed for/by wince, thats just to do with the programming or the port method etc,

Sega got Microsoft to design a customized version of wince for the dreamcast with the inclusion of the directX graphical programming environment seen in the windows os's as an alternative development environment, this was done to encourage third party developers, and make it easy for ports of games from other platforms.

Because Wince is embedded onto a chip, unlike the 9x/2k/xp series which need harddrives. Windows Embedded is WinCE's sucessor in terms. WinCE was used in Pocket PC's.

cause mine shows 3 files instead of a silent track it shows ABSTRACT,BIBLIOGR,COPYRIGH,WARNING_ENG.DA ive tried it like 2years ago and it did nothing now it shows 3 files.oh yeah i remember why it does that cause some guy wanted to hack cd-rom firmware and he did something i checked and installed it now it read does files like he said it would.

Edited by double99